6

Word Count: 1488

~Sienna

I push Onyx's door open, stepping inside. "Knock knock."

His back is turned to me, his head bowed as he fiddles with his cuff. He looks effortlessly good in a pressed, tailored suit.

He glances over his shoulder, then back at what he is doing. "Oh. Hey."

I circle around him, noting the lines of tension in his forehead as he struggles with his cufflink. I brush his hands off, and take over for him, clipping it into place.

"Look at you, all nervous." I smile.

"I'm not nervous," he dismisses. When my smile doesn't fade, his eyes narrow. "Sienna. I'm not nervous."

"Yeah alright." I step back, gliding my eyes over his person. "You look...nice."

Today is the day. Onyx failed to push back on his mother's wishes, and now four women and their escorts are moving into the manor until he chooses one of them as his wife.

I can already tell that this is going to be the most amusing time of my life. I'm usually not privy to Onyx when he is seducing women.

His obsidian eyes finally focus on me properly, and he draws in a deep breath. Since I've been officially announced as the Alpha's mistress, I'm taking more care in my appearance when greeting visitors.

"So do you. Anyone would think you're courting these girls." He flashes me a rare smile that has something fluttering in my stomach.

I look away from him, taking in his perfectly, almost obsessively neat room. "Two of the girls brought brothers, so who knows."

"Remember, they think you're my mistress now." He shifts to his mirror, looking dissatisfied with whatever he finds lacking.

I'm not exactly sure what he could possibly find fault in. I don't think there's a single part of him, physical or not, that I would change.

"The whole Pack does." I sigh wistfully.

He sweeps his gaze back to me, a flicker of worry passing over his features. "You're not having second thoughts, are you?"

"No, of course not." I smirk at the thought. "I'm not actually interested in these girls' brothers. This is about you concentrating on finding your wife.

His brows knit together with concern. "What if she's not one of them?"

"Then we will get a new batch," I muse. This process will be repeated, otherwise Lucia will choose for him. "Or we try something else."

He rubs his face, tense.

I wish I could soothe his worries, but there is nothing I can say that would appease him. I can't promise him he will fall in love, or that he can merely decide not to marry if that suits him.

He must marry, and he must produce an heir.

"But it's expected that I select one of them, right?"

"You're the Alpha. Plenty is expected of you, but nothing can be done about it without you wanting it." I step forward, pressing my palms against the lapels of his jacket.

My words are empty, but to me they mean something. He is more than just an Alpha. He is more than what people expect of him.

"What would I do without you, Sienna?" He breathes.

I smile it up at him before it falters.

"Are you kidding, your eyebrows look terrible! Was someone seriously going to let you meet the potential love of your life like this?"