7

Word Count: 1858

~Sienna

I look over the swarm of girls and their escorts, nerves battling with anticipation in my stomach for what is making me feel worse.

Lucia clasps her hands together from beside me, pulling their attention toward us. "Good morning all, and welcome. My name is Lucia and I am Onyx's mother, and the previous Luna."

Everyone arrived this morning in a flurry of brightly coloured dresses and a ridiculous amount of luggage. In their defense, they have no idea when they'll be leaving, or if they'll be chosen.

"I will leave you in very capable hands here with Sienna. She knows everything about the estate, and my son." Lucia looks at me, raising her brows.

I smile, assuring her I have this covered with a sharp nod. She gives everyone a departing wave before leaving the room.

"Lucia is very busy with other affairs, but she will see you at dinner," I tell everyone.

I've gathered them in the formal sitting room, the light streaming through the floor to ceiling windows, highlighting their hopeful faces.

"Anyways, I recognise you all from your descriptions on your profiles. I am very happy to have you here," I tell them, rubbing my hands together anxiously.

"When do we meet the Alpha?" One girl states.

It's Elora. The profile description was right about her dark hair and even darker eyes. I fight the urge to look down to make confirmation about the mention of birthing hips.

I smile weakly, smoothing my hair back. "Soon. Very soon."

"Am I going to have my own bathroom?" Another girl asks, her arms folded over her chest as she lounges casually on the expense chaise lounge.

If I remember correctly, this is Lexa. Her hair is pulled back, as vibrantly ginger as was described. Her eyes are pale blue, staring at me through thick lashes.

"Ah, yes..." I clear my throat.

"Are you rumours about you fucking the Alpha true?" Lexa asks blatantly, her voice strong and forceful.

"Lexa!" The man beside her scolds. I'm not sure who he is, but I believe he's her brother. They don't look all that related, considering his hair and eyes are many shades darker than hers.

"Everyone knows she is," Elora adds mindlessly, flipping through a book she brought with her.

I straighten, trying not to appear rattled. I've been accused of sleeping with Onyx many times before. I'm tired of being reduced to that.

And that last time someone accused me of being in his bed, I was called a whore.

"I understand the news about me being Onyx's mistress may disconcert you, but know above anything else, I am his friend. His best friend," I explain to them, sharing a tight smile.

Lexa rolls her eyes. "We all know what that means."

Her brother shoots her a cold warning look which she ignores.

"Is he good in bed?" Elora asks, tucking her bookmark into the crease of her books. "He looks good in bed...those hands-"

I clap my own hands together, cutting her off. "Please, can we not speak about the Onyx and I's relationship? It's private."

I'm drawing the line. I understand their curiosity, considering they may have to marry a man whose attraction may be elsewhere, but this is too much for me to handle right now.