26

Word Count: 2697

~Onyx

The tumbler is cold against my hand as I take a sip of my drink.

This is a ridiculous night.

Sienna put this together, trying to lighten the spirits with everything that's going on. The girls are starting to become anxious to hear if they are chosen, especially after what happened to Elora.

"How about truth or dare?" Lexa asks, trying to find something for us to do. The earlier conversation got stale quickly.

She's perched on the arm of my chair, swaying a little.

Everyone has been drinking heavily since this gathering started about three hours ago. I've been sipping casually, watching everything unfold before me.

"Absolutely not," Kayn mutters. He sits by the fireplace, a dark shadow having settled over his face.

Something has pissed him off, and by how readily Sienna has avoided him tonight, I assume he fucked up somehow.

"Why not?" Lexa pouts, glaring at her brother.

She's the most drunk out of everyone. She's spilt half her current wine over the rich, handmade rug in the centre of the sitting room already.

"We aren't twelve," he responds tightly.

Alex clears her throat, setting down her own drink. "What about a drinking game?"

"Boring." Lexa stands swiftly, plucking Kayn's beer from his hand. "Spin the bottle."

We all watch in mild horror as she tips her head back and sculls the entire contents back in one breath. I already get the feeling this is going to be messy.

"Yuck I'm not playing with my sister," Kayn protests, his face twisting in disgust.

I sweep my gaze to Sienna over the rim of my glass.

She's watching this all with a bored expression. She's off in another world, some dark thoughts plaguing her.

"Obviously you skip your relation, weirdo." Alex laughs to herself before looking at me. "How about it, Alpha?"

I shake my head. "I don't think so."

Anyone I could kiss here would have serious implications. Almost everyone here I have zero interest in anyways.

Almost everyone.

"It might be fun." Sienna shrugs, finally zoning into the conversation.

This seems like the last thing she would be interested in. The only person she benefits from kissing is Kayn, and the chances of landing on him are slim. She won't meet my questioning stare though.

Lexa grins. "See, Sienna gets it."

"Sienna has had too much to drink," I mumble against the rim of my glass.

"Not that much." She stands, brushing her hands against her thighs. "I think this is a good opportunity to see sparks fly."

Ah. Now I get it.

Sienna is co-signing this ridiculous game because she wants me to finally kiss one of these girls. So far I haven't, and I've not once been tempted. She can tell, clearly.

"Alright, get in the circle everyone," Lexa instructs, sitting down cross-legged. "I'm obviously going first."

Reluctantly we all form a circle together, Lexa placing the bottle down in the centre. She gives it a good spin, the mouth blurring for a moment before it starts to slow.