43

Word Count: 2390

~Sienna

I take my time in the bath, making the most of all the luxurious bath salts and soaps I've been provided.

The rooms here are magnificent. The ceilings are high and the windows are tall and wide, showing off the sun setting over the view of the winding river that cuts through three Packs.

Stepping from the bath, I wrap a fluffy white towel around me before sifting through a basket of lotions and oils.

Had I known staying here would include this kind of treatment, I would have volunteered my presence much earlier.

Although, the prying eyes of people extraordinarily powerful is pretty horrifying.

Once I've slathered my skin in everything I can get my hands on, I slide into a dress I made for the dinner tonight.

I took my own liberties making it akin to something a mistress would commonly wear to an event like this. It's scarlet red and hugs my body down to my thighs before it flows out gently around my feet. The fabric is satiny to the touch and shifts in the light.

I'm here to sell my position as mistress. It needs to look real, so I remain safe.

I pin my hair off my face, revealing my neck before I dot the slightest amount of gloss onto my lips. Once I'm pleased with what I find looking back at me in the mirror, I head out into the hallway.

I barely make it a few steps before some grabs my arm, spinning me until my back is flat against the wall.

"Ah!"

It's Alpha Alston, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips as he looks down at me.

My heart thunders against my ribs, thankful at the very least that my heeled shoes didn't snap from the sudden movement. Or my ankles, for that matter.

"Quiet down Miss Dramatic, it's only me," he states in that thick, drawling accent that is common in his Pack.

"I'm sorry but is that supposed to make me feel better?"

I attempt to shove him off me but he only pins me harder against the wall. He has one hand above my head, another on my hip. His thigh is between my legs, and he looks far too pleased to see me in such a position.

"You look absolutely ravishing this evening." His eyes, a stunning glassy blue, shift down my person. The smile curving at his mouth is pure sex. "Be my date?"

"I'm afraid not." I yank against him but it's no use.

Alston is what many probably find pretty. His eyes sparkle and his smile is wide and charming, with dimples to complete the entire package.

He doesn't impress me. I'm spoilt being in love with a man who has a once in a life time kind of beauty. Someone who has the bone structure and statute to lower the inhibitions of a saint, but the soul to defrost even the coldest of hearts.

"I hope Onyx takes his time with you," Alston murmurs, his tone thick and sultry. "It would take me a lifetime to explore that body."

"If you've dragged me in here to harass me, Alpha, I must leave," I insist.

I know these kinds of games. Maren plays the seductive card too. It's to disarm, to distract. Alston's only interest is to fuck me until I'm pliable enough to hand over any information he demands while in the throes of passion.

"I'm sorry, I can't help myself. I'm terrible, I know." He grins, thankfully letting me go. "I just wanted to have a chat."

I stumble away, smoothing my hands down my dress. He's lucky this fabric doesn't wrinkle. That last thing I need is to appear at this dinner looking like I've been, well...pressed up against a wall.