12

Word Count: 1575

~Sienna

I knock on Alex's door before stepping back.

She opens it a moment later, hair tugged up in a messy bun, a warm smile on her face. I swear she sports a grin even when she's alone.

"Hey Alex," I greet.

"Sienna, come in."

She holds the door open, letting me walk into what was one of the many guest rooms. She's done a decent job of converting the space to be her own. She shifted the bed and the armoire, and all sorts of personal items are scattered about.

It's likes she's manifesting a permanent place here. Good for her.

"I was wondering if you could help me with something." I give her a hopeful smile before batting me eyelashes.

She scoops a few loose pieces of clothing off the floor, stuffing them into the top dresser drawer like I didn't already see them.

"Sure, what is it?"

"You've worn the most beautiful dresses while you've been here," I note, motioning down to the one she wears now. "I was wondering if I could borrow a dress for tonight."

It's not like I don't have my own dresses, I'm just tired of looking at own stuff. Nothing seems fitting.

"Of course. What's tonight?" She immediately thrusts open the closet doors, running her hands along the options.

I swallow thickly at the array of colour, a little overwhelmed.

"I'm having dinner in my room with Kayn," I tell her, taking a seat on her bed, trying to avoid crushing her stuffed animals.

She raises her brows, her looking suggestive. "Kayn? As in Lexa's brother?"

"He's nothing like her, don't worry." Alex and Lexa have clashed multiple times already. Lexa is quite capable of making some awful comments when she's fired up.

I stay out of their drama. I'm not getting paid enough for that...

Actually, I probably am. I received an envelope of cash yesterday morning as part of my new weekly allowance since becoming Onyx's mistress and I nearly passed out.

I'm going to have to discuss my gross overcompensation with Onyx later.

"How exciting. I wish I could get the Alpha in my room." The scraping of coat-hangers along the metal bar accompanies her words. "It seems like he's interested in spending time with every other girl but me."

She lets out a tense breath, shaking her head a little.

I frown. If I know my friend, his actions don't usually translate to the obvious. Something else is going on.

"I'll talk to him," I assure her. "Trust me though, it's because he likes you the most, and he's scared that if he spends time with you, he'll actually fall for you."

"I wish he weren't so afraid," she mutters, flicking her golden hair over her shoulder before tugging out a black dress. "Here, how's this one?"

She turns around to show me. It's casual enough to fit the atmosphere of a dinner in my bedroom, but pretty enough to hopefully enamour him.

"Beautiful. Are you sure you're okay with me borrowing it?" I take it, laying it over my lap.

"Of course. You'll have to let me know if you get lucky." She wiggles her brows suggestively.

My throat immediately dries. I haven't thought about sex with Kayn yet. Most people would, when confronted with a gorgeous stranger.

It will be happen eventually...