21

Word Count: 1730

~Onyx

"This is going to be miserable," Sienna mutters, glaring out the transport's small window.

We've already been travelling for many hours, however, we have almost arrived at Maren's estate. She hosts this ball annually, and this time, I've invited all the girls and their escorts to join me.

And Sienna, of course.

"Why?" I ask, although I already know the answer.

"I'm going to be stuck in a room with Maren. She hates me," she huffs, adjusting the lower half of her dress.

This entire journey I've been staring at her. I can't help myself. She looks even more beautiful than last year, which I wasn't sure was possible.

Her dress is a deep, royal blue, adorned with silver gems on the bodice and a flowing skirt that shifts around her body like magic. I'm always amazed by her talents. She made this dress herself, and it looks worth more than any dress I've seen in any store.

"She doesn't hate you." I'm not sure what Maren feels about Sienna exactly. "And it's a very large room."

She rolls her deep brown eyes. "I'm nobody. Why does she care so much?"

"She doesn't, she just likes to fuck with me," I say. "She see's I care about you, and she likes playing mind games. Now you're my mistress, she'll leave you alone."

Maren always found the tension between Sienna and I to be interesting, exciting. The amount of times she has eluded to Sienna and I sleeping together was almost enough to convince me we had.

Now, I'm hoping Maren's fascination with Sienna and I's relationship will die away.

"I hope so."

"That necklace is new." I've been staring at the big, fat cluster of diamonds that rest against her chest. As generously as I pay Sienna, there is no way she could have afforded that on her own.

Her fingers brush against the necklace as she shakes her head a little. Is she embarrassed?

"It's a gift from Kayn," she forces out.

I clear my throat as an itch of amusement has me threatening to laugh.

Nothing about that necklace screams Sienna. She doesn't enjoy overly material items, especially ones that draw attention. The necklace is such a statement, it threatens to drain Sienna of her beauty by taking all of it for itself.

"It suits you." I smother my smile.

"No it doesn't." She lays her hand over the necklace, scowling at me. "Wipe that smile off your face."

I bite my lower lip. "What smile?"

She laughs a little herself, her shoulders shaking.

"It's the thought that counts. He doesn't know me well yet, but when he does, I'm sure this won't happen again," she tells me, slumping a little in her seat.

"Naturally."

Clearly she's only wearing this necklace to appease the poor man. He's not going to get the hint she wants him to like this.

"I'm guessing I can't dance with him at the ball." Her smile falters at the thought, a cute frown pressing between her brows.

I exhale slowly. "Maybe another time."

It's not that I want to keep them apart. He makes her happy and that's enough reason for me to keep him around. It's just not a good idea to have my mistress rubbing up on other men when Maren will be looking for the slightest gap to sneak in and fuck with me.