Chapter 7- Into the lion's den

At that point, it was inevitable. Ruby would have to face the Trix sooner than later. The question is, how would she approach them? 

Although she didn't want to, it would most likely happen during a fight. The last time she saw them, she had betrayed them and, even though it seemed like they were fine, what if they weren't? What if they were still mad at her for what she did? These thoughts were scaring her more than they should.

Suddenly she was shaken off her panicked thinking by some torbulence outside.

"Ruby, I think you're interfering with the system." Timmy said, looking into her red eyes.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry, Timmy." The redhead said closing her eyes and taking deep breaths to calm down.

"Why are you so stressed out, Rubes?" Stella asked.

"Is it because of this knight? And his allies?" Bloom asked, talking carefully to not trigger her sister.

"Don't worry, Ruby." Brandon said, smirking heroically. "Me and Sky will be there to protect you girls."

"As much as it pains me to ruin your ego and pride..." Ruby said, sarcastically. "I don't care about the Shadow Creatures nor do I care about Copycat, at all. I'm just... worried about the Pixies."

"So am I." Layla said, smiling sympathetically. "But I'm sure we'll save them in time."

"So who's the bad guy this time? Ruby mentioned Shadow Creatures and, a Copycat?" Brandon said, looking at the redhead confused. 

"Well, we don't know for sure." Stella answered, spinning her chair to face the brunette Specialist. "But, we heard he's pretty tough."

"Yeah, but the Specialists can tackle absolutely anything." Brandon said, clearly trying to impress the Fairies, mainly Layla. "You should see all the cool stuf we got for this mission. Rope grapplers, techno magic gear and this."

"Guys." Layla said, rolling her eyes.

"You know what, Layla? I think we're going to be good friends." Ruby said, earning a happy smile from her.

"It's so cool, look." Brandon said, showing them a little device. "It's a demoleculizer t29."

"Dima... demoisturizer what?" Stella asked.

"Codatorta, our teacher, says we can actually use it to pass through walls and other solid objects." Brandon explained as the device opened itself.

"Uh, Brandon." Layla called, but the Specialist was too focused showing off to hear her.

"Timmy. Show the girls what the owl's new engine can do." 

"Sure." The nerd said, excitedly pressing a few buttons making the aircraft go at an incredibly fast speed which had the girls pressed back in their seats.

"Eighteen dragon power titanium frame, what a dream machine." Brandon shouted, happily.

"Excuse me." Layla yelled. 

"Yes, Layla?" Timmy asked.

"They enemy's the other way." The girl said 

"Yeah, we knew that." Brandon said, chuckling embarrassed as Timmy turned the aircraft the other way.

"Let me just tell you, Fake Princy. I'm truly impressed by your orientation skills." Ruby teased making Layla giggle. "Next time, stop trying to impress girls and instead make sure you're going the right way."

"Yes, you're right, I'm sorry." Brandon said sitting down on a chair next to Stella.

"So, Ruby. I've been meaning to ask you something." The blonde said, having noticed her friend playing with her necklace since they left Alfea. "Why do you always wear that necklace? You may have an horrible sense of style, but you do know how to match your clothes. That necklace does not match those clothes. Who gave it to you? Some girlfriend?"