Chapter 26- Little One

A melody. Enchanting and calming. That's all that was heard in that dark place. A soothing melody that can lure anyone, like a siren luring her prey.  Ruby couldn't help but smile and open her eyes, curious about the source of such a beautiful sound. Above her was a figure looking down at her. It was dark and blurry, making it imposible to see its face, but Ruby found herself smiling, with a feeling of longing and happiness growing in her chest.

"Goodmorning, my sweet Ruby." Said the figure, replacing the beautiful sound of the melody with an equally relaxing voice that belonged to a woman. "Oritel, come say hello to our daughter."

A second figure emerged next to the first one. It was also dark and blurry, with an obscured face, and it was much taller and intimidating than the woman, but the longing and joy Ruby felt multiplied with its presence.

"My beautiful daughter." Said the figure with a much deeper voice, making Ruby assume that it was a man. "You sure had a long nap."

Ruby giggled, but the giggle sounded childish, almost as if a baby had made the sound instead of her. She looked around curiously and noticed that she was in a small crib that looked like it costed more than her own weekly allounce for the next twenty years. It was completely made out of gold and the mattress was so comfortable she felt like she was sleeping in a cloud. Above her hanged a mobile with butterflies, stars and birds slowly spinning around. Ruby smiled brighter and reached out to grab one of the birds, her baby arms coming into view.

The man chuckled and held one of her tiny hands into his larger one, kissing it very softly. Ruby released another baby-like giggle, swealling the hearts of the mysterious figures.

"Oritel." The woman figure said, grabbing the man's arms. Her voice had changed, gaining a more concerned tone instead of the calming one she had earlier. "Oritel, her arm."

Confused, Ruby looked down at her small member and noticed black veins running down her shoulder and stopping at the tips of her fingers. The ground began shaking violently, scaring the redhead who started bawling loudly. The strong movements of the earth caused the mobile above Ruby to fall, but before it could land on her face and injure her, or posibly kill her, the taller figure grabbed her and pulled her out of the crib quickly.

Her eyes closed while she cried loudly as she felt an exruciating pain all over her body. Once it faded, it was replaced by an uneasing feeling of danger. A dark energy seemed to be forming close to them, scaring the baby and the figures, who hugged her tighter against them as a way to protect her. She was moved from the man's arms to the woman's before she heard a metal sword being drawn and the man took a few steps forward.

"What are you, creature?" He shouted and he only got an evil, and all too familiar, laugh as a response.

Ruby slowly opened her eyes and tried to look past the man only to see another dark figure in front of him. Instead of a blurry silhouette, this one was a black and thick liquid moving on its own and gaining a peculiar and distorted form of a knight. Finally, once it was satisfied with it's own form, some places were tinged red creating an armor and a grining mouth. 

The knight kept cackling wickedly even when he stared at Ruby's terrified face. He lifted a sharp and long black finger and pointed it at her, laughing like a maniac.

"You. I'm coming back for you." 

It was the only thing it said before transforming into a big black bird, dodging an attack from the man's sword and flying out of the open window. 

The baby began screaming and crying terrified while the man shouted orders at someone, demanding them to find the bird Knight. The woman holding her started humming the soothing lullaby she was humming earlier and slowly swayed at the rythym, calming the baby girl in her arms. The small Fairy's eyes felt heavier and she soon stopped crying and fell asleep in the woman's chest and safe embrace, enveloped in complete darkness.