Chapter 30-Gangbanger

Ruby, Bloom and their mother, Vanessa, entered their house in Gardenia, in silence. It had been an harsh trial and probably only the first of many to come. Vanessa was really shaken down by the posibility of getting someone incarcerated.

Bloom and Vanessa sat down at the dining table while Ruby went to make some tea with Kaylus, who had returned to her when the trial was over. She took the little teabags out of the cups and picked up two of them, while Kaylus picked up the third, and gave them to her sister and her mother who took it gratefully.

"You did very well mom." Bloom praised while Ruby sat down.

"Maybe, I just wonder if I'm doing the right thing." Vanessa said, taking a sip of her tea. "Maybe I shouldn't have pressed charges."

"Mom, listen. Those two Crooks burned down your shop." Bloom reminded her.

"I know, but they both have criminal records so that means I'll be sending them to jail for a long time, this isn't easy." Vanessa said.

"That's exactly why those men deserve to be locked up for a very long time." Ruby said. "If they don't they might do it again."

"And some innocent other shop owner will pay the price." Bloom added, holding her mother's hand.

"Oh, girls you've grown so much, I barely recognize you." Vanessa said, proudly.

"What do you mean?" Bloom asked.

"Yeah, I haven't grown that much. I still have to wear three inches heels to be able to look my girlfriend in the eyes," Ruby joked, making them laugh.

"You girls are supporting me." Vanessa explained, smiling.

"Well, a lot's happened lately." Bloom said, revealing a round pendant of her necklace that was hidden beneath her shirt. 

"What's that?" Ruby asked, not having seen that pendant before.

"It's a symbol of our birth family." Bloom answered. "On it it's written Daphne, Bloom, Ruby, Oritel and Marion. Oritel and Marion are..."

"Your biological parents." Vanessa concluded, looking down sadly.

"And right in the center there's our family's coat of arms." Bloom continued, saddening their mother even more. "I'm sorry, Mom. I guess you don't want to hear all this. In my dreams I keep hearing my birth mother's lullabies, but your songs are deep in my hear, you and Dad will always be our family."

"Thanks, Bloom, but don't worry about us. Go and find out what you need to know, alright?" Vanessa encourgaed.

"You don't worry, Mom. I don't need to know anything about my past." Ruby told her. "I'm living in the present and looking forward to the future, but what's behind is a closed chapter that doesn't need to be reopened."

"Don't you want to know about our parents?" Bloom asked.

"You're free to look for them or to want to know who they were, but I already have my parents. Of course I will be happy if you ever find them, I mean they gave me life, but I don't want to look for them." Ruby explained and Bloom nodded, respecting her decision, however she didn't look very pleased with it.

"Huh, girls. What is Kiko doing? There's nothing there." Vanessa asked, looking at the bunny who was communicating with Kaylus and Lockette through bunny sounds, but as an adult, she couldn't see the Pixies.

"Well, it's kind of hard to explain." Bloom said.

"Actually is not that hard." Ruby said. "Basically we have tiny friends called Pixies, but only Earth chilren can see them. Maybe because of their innocence or something, I don't know."