Chapter 16- You're such a back stabber

Ruby managed to find her way out of the labyrinth of wood and leaves and wasted no time to run towards Alfea. That is, until she was stopped by Professor Avalon.

"Ruby." He said with a kind smile. "I must say I was pretty impressed by the amount of power you displayed last night."

"Thank you." Ruby replied, trying to run past the man, but he once again stopped her by stepping in front of her.

"However, you used dark magic." Avalon pointed out. "I assume you know that I'm here to help you contain it."

"Yes, I know." Ruby said, followed by another failed attempt of escaping.

"In that case, meet me at my office tomorrow after a trip we'll be having." The Professor requested, appearing to not be noticing his student's rush. "I'd like to start our lessons as soon as posible."

"Sounds great, bye." Ruby said, transforming into her Fairy form and taking off towards the castle, leaving the stunned Professor behind. "What a talkative pedo."

The redhead landed on the courtyard of the school and immediately raced inside. As Ruby ran, she saw Robin approaching her, however she wasn't quick enough to stop and she collided with them, making them both fall to the ground.

"Woah, you're in a rush." Robin said, standing up from the ground and offering their friend a hand which she took. "Why are you running?"

"Look, Rob, I'd love to talk, but I really got to find Ebony." Ruby told them. "Do you know where she is by any chance?"

"Yeah, I saw her running to her dorm room." Robin answered. "She was crying, though. Do you know what happened?"

"Yeah she saw me with the Trix and I think she got scared." Ruby whispered so no one would hear.

"Holy shit, they're here?" Robin whisper-yelled, looking both excited and scared.

"No, they left already." Ruby replied. "But I really got to go. Bye."

She ran off before they could even say anything else and headed towards Ebony's appartment. She ran past the Ghouls who tried to call for her, but she ignored them and kept on racing through the hallways. 

Ruby finally arrived at the double doors she was looking for and immediately barged in without knocking. The common room was just like hers with the exception of not having as many plants since there wasn't any Flower Fairies living there. Ruby heard sniffling and muffled sobs coming from one of the rooms so she immediately walked in that direction and tried to push the doors open. Just like she predicted, it was locked.

"Ebony, Sweetie, please open the door, I can explain." Ruby pleaded, but there was no answer besides a loud sob that was unsuccessfully muffled. "Peach, please. I hate hearing you cry. Could you unlock the door?"

There was silence for a while, and just as Ruby was about to give up and walk away, she heard a bed creaking and a few seconds later the door was unlocked. Ebony didn't bother to open the door and walked back towards her bed and sat down with her knees pulled against her chest while Ruby walked into the room. The redhead closed the door behind her before slowly walking towards her broken friend.

The room was big, but only had one bed, making it known that Ebony didn't share it with anyone else.

"May I?" Ruby asked, pointing to the mattress. Ebony nodded her head without sparing a glance at her. 

The goth Fairy smiled softly before taking a sit at the edge of the bed. The two sat in silence for a while, none of them knowing what to say.

"Why were you with them?" Ebony finally asked, her voice breaking slightly.