Chapter 29- Confession

Ruby stared at the witch speechlessly, her mouth open in shock as she ordered a mint chocolate milkshake. The waiter smiled flirtatiously at Icy before walking away, leaving Ruby to watch him go, eyes narrowed. When she looked back at the silver haired witch, she was already gazing at her with a wide smirk playing on her frostbitten lips.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Ruby asked.

"Having a milkshake of course." Icy answered, her smirk widening. "Why? Can't I."

"Somewhere else, yeah sure, but why on Earth are you on Earth? Sitting at my booth?" Ruby asked, the frown on her face still present.

"I might've been looking for you." Icy admitted. "And this place is perfect for us to just talk. I'm sure you wouldn't want these poor Earthlings to witness the use of magic. Or get hurt."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, of course not. I'm just urging you to listen to me and not go away." Icy said, grinning evily.

Ruby sighed and leaned  her back against the booth, crossing her arms over her chest while Kaylus clandestinely finished her milkshake.

"What do you want?"

Icy's blue eyes shifted to Ruby's open sketchbook and raised a curious eyebrow.

"What's this?" She asked, reaching for it. The redhead's eyes widened, and before Icy could grab the book, she abruptly took it from the table and closed it, gripping it so tightly that it looked like it might break.

"None of your damn business." Ruby grumbled, a very soft pink colour coating her cheeks.

"Really? Because it kind of looked like me and my sisters." Icy argued, smiling wickedly.

"How could you even tell. It was upside down?" Ruby noted. "And of course it wasn't you. Why would it be?"

"The colours." Icy said.

"Well, it was not you. It was just a... representation of... the Bisexual flag." Ruby lied, cringing internally at how bad of a lie it was. Icy hummed, pretending to believe her which got her really angry. "Just get to the damn point. What the fuck do you want?"

"I'll tell you when we're alone." Icy said, looking behind her. Kaylus was sitting on the back of the booth with a straw in her mouth, pointing to the back of the head of a man sitting at the diner's counter. The Pixie looked at the witch confused, before understanding what she meant.

"Oh. Yeah, sure I'll leave. I'll find the other Pixies." She said, ignoring Ruby who was shaking her head, trying to make her stay. "You should try those fries by the way. See ya." Kaylus put the straw back in her mouth and blew it, sending a spitball flying and hit the man's head. He looked around confused, but payed no mind to it. Kaylus flew away as fast as posible, once again ignoring Ruby's desperate attempt to make her stay.

Icy looked back at the Fairy and glanced at the fries in front of her confused.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Ruby said, rolling her eyes. "She's the Pixie of Pranks."

"There's litterally a Pixie for everything, isn't there?" Icy asked and Ruby hummed, confirming her theory. 

The witch stared at Ruby for a while, making the fairy a little uneasy. She kept stealing glances at her, making sure she was still looking at her, and each time she was. When Ruby was about to ask her the reason for it, Icy stood up and walked towards her side of the table. The redhead barely had any time to move away before the witch took a seat next to her.

"Why?" Ruby asked, her back firmly pressed against the window behind her and her feet on the booth seat, to create distance between her and Icy. The witch laughed at the Fairy's antics, the sound making Ruby blush slightly.