Chapter 6- Deadly mission

Ruby sat in Mr. Wizgiz class looking at the small elf as he explained something, however she wasn't listening to anything he was saying. She was worrying and thinking about so much at the same time that she believed her head would explode if any more new information entered it.

The redhead reached to the back of her neck and unclasped her necklace, holding it with both her hands. With her eyes shining red her hands were surrounded by red energy which activated the four charms, making her smile. She carressed Darcy's name lovingly with a soft smile resting on her lips.

"Psst, Ruby." Ebony whispered from the seat next to her. Ruby flinched slightly, turning her head to look at her friend. "What got you smiling like that?"

"Oh nothing, it's just a gift someone gave me." The redhead answered, clasping the necklace around her neck.

"Oh, someone, huh?" Ebony said, smiling cheekly. "Who's she?"

"Why are you assuming it's a she?"

"Because you only like she's, Ruby." She answered giggling quietly.

"Well it could've been Liam. He's a good friend of mine and he's male."

"But he wouldn't give you necklace filled with hearts." Ebony presisted. "Come on who is it from? Flora?"

"Flora?" Ruby asked, laughing quietly. "No. She's my friend and as straight as squircle."

"A squircle's corner's are round, Ru."

"Yeah, her sexuality is hard to tell sometimes." Ruby answered looking at the latina fairy who was smiling brightly at her friend Musa and playing with a strand of her hair. 

Ebony giggled quietly.

"Girls, quiet back there, please." Mr. Wizgiz scolded interrupting what he was saying.

"Sorry Professor." The two girls said at the same time.

The elf nodded before going back to teaching.

"So as I was saying." Ebony whispered even more quietly. "Who gave you that necklace?"

"Well..." Ruby cut herself off as she saw something fly into the room from an open window behind Ebony. "Piff?"

"Piff? Who's Piff?"

"No, Piff." Ruby shouted, pointing upwardfs where the little Pixie was flying and her eyelids seemed to be getting heavy.

After a few seconds of flying around the Pixie started falling after having fallen sleep mid-air. The classroom's double doors were suddenly brust opened by Layla who rushed inside and threw herself on the floor, catching the sleeping Pixie right on time.

"Yay." Bloom shouted clapping for Layla and every girl joined her.

"Now that was close." Ebony said.

"Report to the director's office straight away, Lass." Wizigz ordered angrily as his classed cheered and laughed.

"He can't send her to the Headmistress office, she's not a student." Ruby whispered.

Once Layla left the bell signaling the end of the class rang getting a relieved sigh from the students as they hurried to get out.

"Hey, would you like to go grab an ice cream on Magix with me?" Ebony asked as they saved their stuff-

"I'm so sorry, Peach, but Faragonda wants to speak to me and the girls. Maybe some other day, ok?"

"Yes, of course, Ruby. I don't mind it." The brunette said with a smile hugging Ruby. "I can just go with the ghouls to a bar or something."

"I'd like to try a Bloody Mary." Python said, appearing suddenly which startled Ebony.