Chapter 25- Exhaustion

"What do you think about trying out this spell?" Bloom asked Ruby, turning around in her chair to show her a spell she had found in a book. Ruby, who was lying on her back on the edge of the bed with Garry sleeping on her chest, looked up at the open book in front of her face. "It's a purification spell."

"I don't think it works." Ruby answered, petting Garry.

"How can you tell? You're looking at it upside down. Doesn't that hurt?" Bloom asked, leaning forward to get closer to her sister.

"Excuse me, I'm not moving." Ruby replied, gesturing to the peaceful Ghoul on her chest. "And also what could a purifying spell even do? We're trying to break a homesickness spell. We're not blessing them so they can go to Heaven."

"Well I'm out of ideas." Bloom huffed, placing the book back on the desk. "Why don't you help me look?"

"Huh, hello. Adorable Ghoul sleeping on me." Ruby said, once again gesturing to Garry. "And also, I'm tired."

"I wonder why." Bloom said, her voice filled with sarcasm.

"Don't even start, Piglet." Ruby said, rolling her eyes.

"Why would you exhaust yourself like that, Bea?" Bloom asked, taking her eyes off the book to look at her sister. "I'm glad you're taking school more seriously, but there are limits."

"First of all, I'm not taking school seriously. I never have and I never will. Second of all I was just training and I lost track of time." Ruby said and sighed loudly, scratching Garry behind his ear. "I was just kind of scared because my magic didn't work against the Trix yesterday."

"Yeah, I heard about that. But that doesn't mean you can simply train until you can't think anymore. Promise me you won't do it again?" Bloom said, looking at her sister's upside down face with worry.

"I promise." Ruby said, smiling softly. Bloom smiled and planted a kiss on her sister's forehead, making her cringe. "Ugh, you're lame."

"Love you too." Bloom said, giggling. "I'm just going to try out this spell. Just to see how it works out."

"Alright, whatever."

Bloom closed her eyes in concentration and said the spell in a foreign language. The dead plant she was trying out her spell came back to life, which was the goal, however it grew larger than normal and it turned into a monster. Bloom screamed in fear, waking up Garry, and grabbed the book, hitting the monstruous plant with it. It fell to the ground whimpering and defeated.

"Huh, that did not look like anything pure to me."Ruby said as she sat up and stroked Garry, who was grumpy after being awakened so abruptly.

"What's wrong with this book?" Bloom wondered, looking at it with a frown.

"Are you sure you simply didn't say it wrong?" Ruby asked, approaching her sister.

"Well then I must be really bad at pronounciation, because similar things happened the whole day." Bloom said, turning to look at Ruby. "Let's go see Faragonda."

"After you." Ruby said, gesturing to the door. Bloom walked out of the room and her sister followed her, however, before she closed the door she looked back at Garry who was sleeping again. "Goodnight, Gar." The Ghoul tiredly grumbled something making her laugh.

The two sisters walked towards Faragonda's office for the second time that night and, when they arrived, Ruby opened the door, forgetting to knock. Inside the office the sisters saw Faragonda sitting in her chair which was levitating a few feet above the ground and she was looking attentivaly at a magical hourglass, however when she noticed their presence in the room, she lowered her chair back to the floor and smiled at them.