Chapter 17- In the way of love

Ruby walked outside to the courtyard and smiled softly, breathing in the autumn breeze with delight. She noticed her friend, Robin, kneeling on one knee next to Pixie Pets watching some kind of mini-theatre Livy was producing. The redhead chuckled, walking towards them.

"Hello, what's going on here?" Ruby asked, after the Pets stopped clapping once the show ended.

"Oh, hey Red." Robin said, standing up to do their secret handshake. "Livy was just telling a love story between two beavers, however, I only figured that out at the end." Ruby laughed waving at Livy who flew towards them on her paper-board and waved back. "So, what are you doing here?"

"Professor Avalon is going to take me and the Winx to Red Fountain. They're having some kind of ceremony and I'd like to invite you to come with us." Ruby said.

"I'd love to but, I'm not supposed to. I'm a freshman and I wasn't invited." Robin told her, chuckling.

"Well, I'm inviting you so just ditch the damn classes for the rest of the day and let's go." Ruby insisted grabbing their hand and giving it a little pull.

"But..."

"Liam will be there."

"I'm in." 

Ruby chuckled and turned around so they could go towards their group but, once she did, Ebony popped out of nowhere and jumped into her arms, wrapping her legs around her waist with a happy smile.

"Hey, babe." Ruby greeted warmly, confusing Robin.

"Babe?" They mumbled to themselves.

"I convinced Avalon to let me go with you guys." Ebony announced hopping off Ruby's arms and leaning against her, making Robin cringe in confusion.

"That's great, Peach. I'm glad I'll have someone to comment about my sister's crush on Avalon."

"Hey, am I not someone to comment that with?" Robin complained, fakely offended.

"No, because I know for a fact that you also have a crush on our teacher." Ruby told them, smirking.

"Of course I do, have you seen the man?" Robin said making them laugh.

"Alright, we should go before they leave without us." Ebony said with a smile.

Ruby looked at her in the eyes and they both leaned in, joining their lips in a soft and lingering kiss. Robin's eyes widened and their jaw fell open while their previously happy face turned into a disgusted one. The two girls pulled away with smiles on their lips and just as Ebony was about to pull Ruby away, Robin grabbed the redhead's hand, stopping her from moving. 

"Huh? Rob? Why are you looking at us like that?" Ruby asked looking at her dumbfounded friend.

"I fucking need to talk to you right the fucking now." They told her, slowly. "Alone."

Ebony got the message and with a last peck on Ruby's lips, which made Robin cringe, she walked away towards the Winx and Avalon.

"Alright, what's up?" Ruby asked, pulling her hand away from theirs to cross her arms.

"What's up? Seriously?" They said, confusing the redhead further. "Why did you join lips with Ginny Miller over there?"

"Ginny Miller? Really." Ruby asked, unamused.

"We both know she's fucking annoying and don't avoid my question."

"Because we're dating, you know? That's what people who date do." Ruby explained, mockingly as if she was explaining it to a child.

"Why are you dating her?" Robin asked outraged. 

"Because I like her." 

"You like her? What do you mean? What the about the T..."