Chapter 23- Longing and Heartbreak

Bloom, Ruby, Tecna, Flora and Ebony walked towards Red Fountain so they could confront Sky about his jealousy towards Professor Avalon. Bloom wasn't pleased about Ebony accompaining them, but the Fairy had made such a big tanturum to go with them that Ruby had to say yes so she would stop whining about them never spending time together.

"She's always glued to you. How do you not spend time together?" Bloom whispered in her sister's ear, before Ebony wrappped her arms around Ruby in a tight hug stopping her from answering.

After a while of walking, Bloom's bad mood towards Ebony decreased and so did the brunette's sudden clinginest to Ruby, allowing the five to have a calm and relaxing walk.

"Thanks for coming with me, you guys." Bloom said, when they spotted the flying school for Specialists.

"I'm sure all you and Sky need is direct verbal contact." Tecna said.

"Easy for you to say. You and Timmy never argue." Bloom said. "And you know he'll never let you down."

"Because they have direct verbal contact, Sis," Ruby said, mocking Tecna's robotic voice which made the girls chuckle.

"Well, Sky on the other hand shouldn't even be given time out of Red Fountain." Bloom said.

"I know your relationship is not as perfect as mine and Ruby's, but you have to try and have a calm and serious conversation with Sky." Ebony said, hugging her girlfriend's arm.

Yeah, perfect. Bloom thought sarcastically. At least my relationship with Sky is a real thing.

"Thank you, Ebony. I will do that." Bloom said, chosing not to let her actual thoughts out. Suddenly they heard loud explosions coming from above and when they looked up at Red Fountain they saw a big purple orb attacking the school with lightnings. "What's going on over there?"

"The Trix are behind this, I just know it." Flora said, making both Ebony and Ruby tense up.

"We got to go." Bloom said, running towards the school along with the others. "Come on hurry."

The five girls ran as fast as they could, and when they finally arrived at the facility, Helia, the Specialist who had trapped the monster with his glove at the school's opening ceremony, was the one to greet them and lead them to the command room where Codatorta and Timmy were giving orders to the boys fighting outisde.

"Codatorta, Bloom, Flora, Tecna, Ruby and Ebony are here." Helia announced. "They are offering to help."

"Oh, hi girls." Timmy greeted with his usual dorky smile.

"Thank you for the offfer, but please sit tight and let us Specialists handle the situation." Codatorta said, not even sparing a glance at the girls.

"The same Specialists who couldn't fight off the Trix on their own last year?" Ruby mumbled to herself.

"Ruby, maybe you shouldn't face the Trix." Ebony suggested, gripping her girlfriend's arm tightly. "I don't want them to hurt you."

"Don't be silly, Ebony. I can fight them off. I'm more powerful than them, what could they posibly do to me?" Ruby asked. Ebony didn't answer, but her fearful expression didn't leave her face, silently begging her to not go, however Ruby ignored it, knowing it wasn't the time to listen to the brunette's paranoia.

"There's a gaping hole in the roof of the Arena." Timmy announced, making them all gasp.

"It's the Trix." Codatorta said, spinning in his chair to face them. "Everyone go, use whatever means necessary. They must be stopped."

"Come on." Flora said, grabbing Ruby's hand and guiding her towards the elevator. Ebony's eyes darkened and she took her girlfriend's hand away from the Flower Fairy and led her instead.