Chapter 33-It's all your fault

Ruby sighed contentedly as she finally, after days of hard work, painted the last details on Icy's hair and finished the painting that would soon be on display for very respectable and wealthy men and women to see and judge. She cringed as these thoughts entered her mind and tried to push them away.

She took a step back and admired her work with pride and joy. She admired it for way too long as her eyes lingered on the three girls painted on the canvas. She definitely captured their essence, probably too well. Ruby could swear Darcy's gold eyes were actually shining under the sunlight entering the room.

As her eyes swept across the painting, the door suddenly opened, startling her so much that her first instinct was to blast whoever had entered the room. Luckily, Ruby missed by an inch and instead put a hole in the door, definitely traumatizing the redhead who was the main target of the attack.

"Bloom, holy shit, I'm so sorry." Ruby apologized, running to hug her sister.

"I'm never entering this room without knocking ever again." Bloom said, hugging Ruby back. "Why are you so on edge?"

"I didn't want anyone to find out I'm painting that." Ruby answered, pointing to the painting.

"Wow, that's beautiful Ruby. The painting, not the Trix."

"The Trix are the painting." Ruby teased.

"I mean like the colors and... the lines... oh, you know what I mean." Bloom huffed making Ruby laugh.

"Thank you, Piglet." 

The redhead used her magic to place the painting by the window and cast an invisibility spell on it so that it could dry without anyone seeing it. 

"You know they will see it eventually, right?" Bloom asked, as she watched Ruby gather up her painting tools and putting them back in their respective places on her drawer.

"No they will not. I'll figure out a way to make them somehow blind to this painting. I might learn a spell for that or something." Ruby said, removing the apron she was wearing to not get her clothes dirty with paint.

"Are you seriously putting your friends under a spell just to hide an amazing painting? I know it's the Trix, but it's also the perfect example of how talented you are. I'm sure they would be proud of you." Bloom said, hiding the real reason she wanted people to see the painting. More specifically Ebony.

"They can be proud of this one." Ruby said, showing Bloom the other painting of the dark phoenix.

The older redhead opened her mouth to argue, but the words died in her throat as her eyes landed in the painting. 

Bloom stared in awe as she found herself completely speechless and the only sound that came out of her mouth was a squeal

"You like it?" Ruby asked, laughing at her sister's reaction.