Chapter 34- Comfort

Ruby jolted awake as a loud Bang echoed from behind the door of the room. It was followed by four different muffled cackles, three of them were very familiar, but the last one she couldn't recognize. The redhead flinched as she felt a sting on her left wrist, but decided to ignore it and just scratched it to sooth the small pain. She slowly stood up from the bed and cautiously approached the bedroom door, leaning her ear on the wood to listen what was happening. The four voices were talking to each other, but Ruby was only able to hear the words "Winx", "downfall", "extermination" and, interestingly enough, "Mistress". It was enough for her to know what they were planning to do, though. To kill her and her friends.

Hesitantly, Ruby grabbed the doorknob and turned it, opening the door very slowly so it wouldn't creak and give her away. She stepped through it and didn't bother to close the door, not wanting it to do any sound.

The Fairy found herself in a completely different place. She was no longer in the abandoned house, founding herself in some sort of throne room with stalactites forming in the ceiling and torches lighting the room as no sunlight came from the windows. In the middle of the room stood three witches who had their backs turned to Ruby and were talking to the source of the fourth unknown voice.

At first glance she thought the fourth figure was Lord Darkaar, as only his flashy red armour caught her eye, but once her eyes trailed up to his face she felt the air being knocked out of her lungs as she locked eyes with her own that shown with an evil glint behind Lord Dakaar's helmet.

The Trix turned around and smiled at Ruby. Not an evil smile, though. A weirdly sweet and loving grin that definitly scared her even more.

"Shall we exterminate all of those annoying little Fairies, Darling?" Icy invited with her cold, but oh so alluring voice.

Ruby didn't answer and simply turned around to run away, but as she reached the door it slammed shut and locked itself. The redhead pushed it with all her strength and even tried to kick it down with her foot, but it didn't budge.

She turned around again, but instead of seeing the Trix and herself planning to kill everyone, she saw something so much worse.

The Winx, and severall other Fairies from Alfea that she recognized, including Ebony, all layed lifeless infront of her with bruises all over their bodies that bled uncontrolably. Only one Fairy remained breathing. The blue-eyed redhead knelt amidst the bodies of her fellow Winx and stared at Ruby with a river of fearful tears running down her pale cheeks.

"Why did you do this?" Bloom asked with a quivering voice.

"No, I-I didn't. It was Darkaar." Ruby said, stepping closer to her sister, but she flinched and moved away.

"You made him. You doomed us all. It's all your fault." Bloom said, more tears falling down her tears.

"No, Bloom, it-it's not. It wasn't... It wasn't me."

The goth Fairy hissed as she felt another sting in her wrist. She looked down and saw an open cut that spilled black blood. The fluid spread through Ruby's arm and hand going all the way up to her chest. She panicked and stepped back trying to shake it off of her causing her to trip over her own feet and fall on her butt. The blood consumed her whole body and the last thing she saw before it covered her eyes was herself, wearing Darkaar's armour, slitting her sister's throat.

Ruby was awoken by a particulary painful sting on her wrist. She tried to pull her hand towards herself, but someone held her arm in a very tight grip not letting her pull away. She sat up and her eyes almost jumped out of their orbit when she saw who was cleaning and stitching up her cut.

"Darcy?"

The Witch locked eyes with Ruby and smiled softly, but it didn't mask the sorrow on her red and puffy eyes.