Chapter 32- The power of Music

Ruby leaned her back against a tree and sighed in relaxation as 'Pretty Girls' by Reneé Rapp was blasted directly into her ears. She hummed along with a smile. That woman's voice was just something else.

She frowned as she heard muffled arguing through her headphones. Opening her eyes she saw Musa yelling at a short old man who was not a lot happier than she was. Eventually he spoke again and by the time he was done Musa had fallen to her knees and was crying violently. The man sighed and walked away, leaving the girl to cry on her own.

Ruby watched the old man walk away with a glare and immediately rushed to her friend's side. She didn't say anything while she kneeled next to the girl and pulled her into a hug. Musa gladly accepted it and burried her head in her friends neck while wrapping her arms around her shoulders, sobbing.

The redhead rubbed her back up and down comfortingly and waited patiently for her to stop crying. Minutes later Musa's breathing was finally steady and her crying was reduced to soft sniffling.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Ruby whispered, squeezing the girl tighter.

"That was my father." The girl admitted, her voice cracking. "He said he was going to transfer me to another school because he doesn't approve of my dream to become a singer."

"Oh, Muse, I'm so sorry." Ruby said, kissing her friend's head. "Don't worry, we'll figure something out. Not even over my dead body will you leave this school, I promise."

"Thank you, Ruby. Just... don't do anything crazy." Musa said.

"No promises." Ruby said, making Musa laugh.

"What song is that?" Musa asked, pulling away from her friend.

Ruby looked down at her headphones that were still blasting music. She picked up her phone to find out which song was playing.

"Right now is 'In the Kitchen' by Reneé Rapp." Ruby answered.

"Who's that?"

"You don't know her?" Ruby asked, and Musa shook her head. "Are you straight?"

"I'm Bi actually."

"Bitch, what kind of sad world are you living in?" Ruby asked, confusing Musa. "Come on, sit here."

The two girls leaned their backs against a tree nearby while Ruby disconected her headphones from her phone and let the music play loud and clear for them and anyone passing by to hear. By the end of the song Musa was humming along and smiling, her sadness from earlier having completely disappeared.

"She has an impressive voice. It's so beautiful that, even though the song is sad, it gives me a huge sense of peace. Do you know what I mean?" Musa asked.

"Of course I do. I feel the exact same way. That's why I listen to her songs." Ruby answered smiling. "Well, that and the fact that she's smoking hot. God took His sweet time and care in creating her."

The two girls brust out laughing as the song switched to 'Gemini Moon'.

"Ruby, Musa. Hey." A voice shouted from afar. The girls looked to the side and Ruby smiled brightly at the sight of her girlfriend waving and walking toward them. "What are you doing?"

"I had a fight with my dad so Ruby is cheering me up with music." Musa said.

"What better way to cheer up the Fairy of Music?" Ebony asked, sitting down in front of them. "So who's this?"

"Reneé Rapp."

"Oh." Ebony said, pursing her lips. "Yeah, I don't really like her."

"How dare you?" Ruby asked, playfully.