Chapter 19- Flaw

Ruby drank her smoothie with a frown on her face. Although she told her sister to forget about those girls, she herself couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity and the fact that she couldn't wrap her finger around who they were was stressing her out more than it should. And the constant wordless whispering around her wasn't helping at all.

Can't just everyone shut up and let me think?

But no matter how many times she asked for it, the whispering only intensified and the weirdest thing was, that looking around she noticed no one was whispering. In fact, every person on the garden was talking loudly and clearly. She couldn't help but wonder who was whispering so loudly, but so quietly at the same time.

"Heeey, Magix to Ruby." Kaylus called, waving her tiny hand in front of her Fairy's face and snapping her out of her trance.

"Huh? What?" The redhead asked, coming back to reality.

"You zoned out and you looked kind of worried." Layla said. "Everything ok?"

Ruby hesitated for a moment before answering, listening carefully for any more mysterious whispering that happily didn't appear again.

"Yeah. I'm fine don't worry." She answered, however her friends didn't seem very convinced.

"Are you sure?" Musa asked.

"Absolutely, Muse." Ruby replied, offering her a reassuring smile. "What were you saying before you spoke to me?"

"Oh, yeah, I wanted to know if any of you remember where it goes Pa-ra-pa-pa-pa, and then the rythym guitar comes in?" Musa asked, with a happy smile replacing her concerned expression.

"Excuse me, what?" Kaylus asked, not sure of what she meant.

"Right, that's where I was going to go like this..." Layla said before doing some dance moves while trying to balance the sleeping Piff on her head. At the end, after she did a moonwalk, she almost dropped her drink, but luckily she grabbed it and smiled triumphly at the others. "Ta-da."

The three laughed together, while Piff woke up from her sleep and stared at the Fairies with a tired and grumpy look.

"That was great, Michael Jackson." Ruby praised, making her blush slightly.

The redhead's smile fell upon seeing the teal-haired girl from earlier, Agnes. approach them. They locked eyes and Ruby found herself getting lost in the mesmerizing golden orbs of the girl. Noticing this reaction, Agnes smirked mischieviously making her heart skip a beat.

Get it together girl, you're dating.

The girl's smile widened even more, confusing Ruby. As she walked past them, Musa and Layla also noticed her and stared at her passing by.

"That's strange. That girl looks awfully familiar." Musa said, frowning in thought.

"You noticed that too?" Ruby asked, staring at the back of the witch.

"What's wrong, girls?" Layla asked.

Deep in thought, Musa suddenly gasped as realization hit her.

"That is Darcy." The Fairy shouted, shocking her two friends.

"Curses." The girl whispered under her breath before running off at full speed.

"That's her, come on let's go." Musa said, throwing her smoothie behind her back before running after the witch, followed by Layla.

Ruby, who was paralized by an emotion she couldn't quite understand, snapped awake and drank the rest of her drink in one gulp before running after her friends, throwing the cup on the ground. She caught up to them fast, but once she reached them, Darcy was already out of sight.