Chapter 22- Threatened

Ruby groaned as the sunlight hit her eyes, forcing her to wake up from her slumber. Although she had slept without any nightmare for the first time in two nights, the redhead still woke up several times alarmed and scared and even when she understood she was awake and with Ebony, her heart still pounded furiously against her ribcage causing her to only fall asleep an hour later each time.

She whined tiredly and tried to go back to sleep in Ebony's tight embrace, but the Fairy had also woken up and smiled brightly at her.

"Good Morning, Baby." She said, happily.

"Hey, Peach." Ruby greeted, closing her eyes. "I don't think it's time to wake up, though. So just go to sleep." 

Just as she said that, Ebony's alarm went off making her groan loudly.

"i guess it's time to wake up." Ebony said, giggling and standing up from the bed.

"No, I'm sleepy." Ruby whined, but got up anyways.

"Yeah, I noticed you woke up a few times last night. Everything alright?" Ebony asked, getting dressed into a different outfit.

"Yeah, I guess I just had a bad night. Nothing to be worried about, though." Ruby said, looking through Ebony's drawers. She raised an eyebrow upon notcing a flash of gold in between her girlfriend's things. "Hey, is this my necklace?"

"Huh?" Ebony asked, looking up towards Ruby. Her breath hitched when she saw the redhead holding the golden necklace with four hearts for charms. "Y-Yeah, you left it here the other day."

"I did? I didn't even notice it." Ruby shrugged and began clasping it around her neck. "I'll wear it then."

"No." Ebony quickly said, stopping the redhead's actions. "You really don't need to. Wear another one."

"Why wouldn't you want me to wear it? You gave it to me." Ruby asked, confused.

"Be-Because, it doesn't match your outfit. It wouldn't look good." Ebony explained, making Ruby laugh.

"It doesn't match? Who are you, Stella? Since when do you care?"

"Since always." Ebony said, before realization hit her.

Those witches probably didn't. Ugh, how could've Ruby ever liked them?

"Come on, Peach, it's not a big deal."

"Please, Ruby." Ebony said, smiling as innocently as she could. "Don't wear that today. Wear it when you dress something that matches it, ok?"

Ruby looked at her girlfriend suspisciously before shrugging and placing the necklace back where she found it, much to Ebony's relief.

"I don't understand the big deal, but ok, I won't wear it." The redhead said, making Ebony smile. "Now let's go. We don't want to be late."

The brunette grabbed Ruby's hand and happily guided her out of her apartment. They walked through the hallways of Alfea with Ebony hugging Ruby's arm tightly and everyone was whispering and looking at them. They somehow had become the power couple of the school. Ruby had saved the school and Ebony was already popular because of her looks and personality, everyone loved them.

"I think I prefered the odd stares from last year." Ruby whispered making Ebony laugh.

When they reached the classroom of their first class of the day, the Winx were already standing at the door, seemingly waiting for someone. The first thing Ruby noticed was the sad look on her sister's face, urging her to move away from Ebony and head towards Bloom.

"Hey, Piglet. What got you so sad?" She asked, wrapping an arm around her sister's shoulders.

"I just had a fight with SKy." Bloom explained.