Part 22

Bojan's POV

Bojan had a really good time dancing and drinking at a popular Slovenian club with the rest of the guys. They deserved it after all of the energy they put into their concert.

After some time vibing together to the bass of the music playing in the club, a group of girls came dancing amongst them.

One of the girls had long, wavy and shiny blonde hair and captivating blue eyes. She was gorgeous. She went closer to Bojan and made eye contact with him while dancing.

Bojan did not know how to react. Deep down he felt uncomfortable but at the same time he did not want to raise any suspicions or to come off as weird. So, even though he was reluctant to do so, he danced with her.

The whole time he was dancing, all he could think about was Jere. His heart dropped remembering how they do not text or facetime each other as often anymore...

While dancing with this girl, he closed his eyes and imagined that Jere was there, dancing with him. He felt guilty for doing this, giving false hope to this girl who thought she had a chance with him, who thought that he did not already give himself to someone else.

But he could not help it. Jere was in his head and heart all the time and he felt that nothing could change that. He hoped that he could manage to make more time for him...

However, during the entire time he was dancing with this girl, he did not notice that some paparazzi had followed him and the rest of the band into the club. They began to secretly take pictures of him, making him appear like he was enjoying it when in reality he was not. He was only enjoying imagining that Jere was there instead.

But obviously, the paparazzi did not know that. They did not care. They posted the pictures online for everyone to see and started spreading rumours that Bojan is dating someone since he was spotted dancing with a girl at a club.

Bojan drank quite a lot that night, he just missed Jere so much. Once he got home, he did not message Jere because he did not want to wake him up since it was so late.

He hopped into bed and immediately fell asleep.

Jere's POV

It was 4am and Jere was still wide awake, unable to fall asleep because of what he just saw. He could not believe his eyes... he did not want to...

He kept debating whether or not he should message Bojan. He wanted to text him so badly. He wanted to know what was going on and whether or not this was all true. He wanted to know if it was over between them. But at the same time, he wished that Bojan would text him, to tell him that it was not true, that he still loved him...but he did not do that. Does he simply not care anymore?

It was now 5am. He could not take it anymore. He felt sick and even though he was laying down, he still felt like everything around him was spinning and his vision became blurry.

With his hand shaking, he grabbed his phone.

He opened the chat between him and Bojan. He saw that the last them they messaged each other was 5 days ago.

He took a deep breath and started typing...

Bojan's POV

The next morning, Bojan woke up with a migraine. He drank some water and switched on his phone.

His heart started beating faster when he saw that Jere had texted him. However, his emotions became the opposite when he read the message.

"Is this true? Why didn't you tell me anything? Like, anything at all?"

"Please tell me... I need to know..."

And beneath these message was a link.

Bojan clicked on it and it directed him to an article. He could not believe his eyes. There were photos of him dancing with the blonde haired girl that went to dance with him at the club the night before.

And they were not just casual photos. The angle they were taken from made Bojan and the girl appear to be dancing much closer to each other than they really were. And it also looked like they were both enjoying themselves.

Bojan quickly exited the website and started to text Jere. He wanted to explain himself, he wanted Jere to know the truth. He just hoped that Jere would trust him...

Bojan: "Jere, I don't know how those pictures were taken but you have to believe me when I tell you that nothing happened."

He kept staring at his phone, hoping that Jere would see his message.

Bojan: "Please believe me. They are just rumours. I promise I would never do that to you!!!"

Bojan felt like his heart stopped beating when he saw that Jere saw his messages.

Then three dots appeared, indicating that Jere was typing. Bojan's anxiety heightened as he waited for Jere's message.

Jere: "But you look like you're dancing so close to each other... and you look happy..."

Jere's eyes filled with tears as he wrote his next text message...

Jere: "I understand if you've moved on and you don't want to be with me anymore..."

Bojan felt like something pierced through his heart. He never wanted to make Jere feel this way. He did not know what to say. He felt ashamed. Even though he did nothing wrong, he felt so bad for hurting Jere. He could have been more careful. Since the band has gained a lot of recognition, they have to be more careful about what they do and say in public.

Bojan: "No, Jere! That's not true. Don't say that"

Jere covered his face in the sleeves of Bojan's hoodie and continued to sob. He wanted to speak to Bojan face to face so badly. Part of him trusted him but the other part made him doubt... he did not feel worthy of Bojan.

"She is so pretty... He found someone way better than me... Bojan is out of my league... Ugh I'm so stupid! Why would Bojan even want to be with me???", Jere thought.

He felt that these thoughts were invading his head and he could not control it.

Jere: "I don't know... she's really pretty..."

Bojan felt so powerless, like no words could change Jere's mind. He wished that he could teleport himself next to Jere and give him all of the hugs and kisses needed to convince him that he wants to be with him and only him.

But he could not do that. The band still had many concerts planned. They could not just cancel them, especially when all of their tickets were sold out.

Bojan: "Please don't think this way Jere. To me you're perfect."

Jere was so tired from crying that he fell asleep without even noticing.

The next morning he woke up. He rubbed his puffy eyes. He could not believe that what happened last night was true. He did not want to believe that his biggest fear was becoming a reality.

That day he did absolutely nothing. He felt drained, tired, exhausted and weak, like every ounce of energy he had was sucked out of him.

Before he knew it, it was night time. His head was pounding, his chest felt heavy. He spent all day wearing Bojan's hoodie. He felt like it was the only part of Bojan he had that was still his.

He could not contain it anymore. He quickly booked a flight.

He wanted to see Bojan. No...

He needed to see Bojan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Thank you so much for reading!!! <3 <3 <3