{cheater}1

i heard the shuffle of the mail as it slid under my door. "it's here!" My roommate cheered. "really?!?" i hollered running out of the bathroom. "okay y/n, just breathe, no matter what happens-" i cut her off. "we'll always be best friends.....even if you aren't at my school....." i finished her sentenced. she shared a warm smile. "okay, here goes nothing." i tore the top of the envelope reading the letter. "well??" she asked. "i got in.....I GOT IN!" i jumped. "you did?!?! oh my god!!" she cheered jumping for joy with me. "i'm so happy for you!!!" she cheered. i applied to transfer colleges, it just happens that my childhood best friend and roommate, Jieun, attends the school with the best physics program.
"we have to celebrate!!!" she cheered. "of course let me call my mom!" dialed my mom.

we decided to go out to surprise my boyfriend. we've been dating for 3 moths now. he still attends my old school. "i don't know Y/n, he always seemed fishy to me." jieun spoke her mind. "he must be busy, right? that's why he's not picking up." i tried to convince myself everything was okay.

"how about we swing by his apartment?" jieun suggested noticing my sad face. "sure." i gave in.
"maybe he is busy." she added as we made our way into the elevator. "or asleep." she said. "right....." i spoke. Kai had been acting suspicious for a while now. i never questioned his loyalty until now. i told him this week was the week my acceptance letter should arrive. since then he'd been distant. maybe he was sad i was leaving.

"don't worry." jieun placed her hand on my shoulder as i rang the doorbell. the door opened and to my shock, it revealed a girl. in his clothes. i gasped. "the fuck?" jieun exclaimed. the girl froze. "who is it babe-" kai's eyes widened as he saw me. "i should go...." the girl hurried inside gathering her things. "y/n....i can explain...." he pleaded. "explain what? that you were fucking some other girl?" i spoke. "go to hell." i spat. "y/n wait...." he grabbed my arm just as i was about to slink around. "let go of me asshole." he freed myself from his grasp. "we're over." i spoke. "what was i supposed to do? you never wanted to have sex?" i spun around and slapped his face. "the fuck did you just say?" jieun spoke alarmed by his wording. "well, i hope you have all the sex you want....." i spat walking away. he's right. i did never want to have sex. it never felt right with him. i was scared. maybe that's why he cheated. right?

i sped down the hallway and into the elevator along with jieun. "y/n...." she softly spoke. i held my head in my hands. how could i be this stupid. how did i not see the signs. was i that blind. she engulfed me in a hug. "it's okay....it's okay....." she comforted as a single tear rolled down my cheek.