{miles}71

a few days passed and we seemed to be relatively okay. i hoped. i was visiting my parents today. Jungkook could take me because he had promised Jimin and Taheyung he'd hang out with them as just guys. "mom i'm home!" i hollered from the foyer taking off my jacket. "oh good your here" she replied. "come sit sit." she motioned me to sit down on the couch.

"honey i wanted to talk to you about something." she spoke in a serious tone. "oh no, did something happen? where's dad? tell me-" she cut me off. "everything is fine." stop worrying so much." she touched the back of my hand. "i am worrying mom. i don't want to lose you, don't scare me like that." i scolded her.

"y/n, i think you should move with Jungkook." she spoke. "what? why?" i asked. "honey, you're so bright, and full of passion. you have so much potential. there's nothing here to fulfill that." she said. "if you move back home after graduation you'd be miserable." she added. "but you and dad-" she cut me off again. "your father and i handled ourselves for 24 years. i think we can handle a bit more." she said. "i want you to go and explore new opportunities. new things. and be happy." she said. "i know you want to move with Jungkook. and i know it's me that's holding you back." he looked down. "but i'll be fine, i promise." she assured.

"i got to live my life. it's time you lived yours." she smiled. "jungkook is a great guy. he loves you. and is willing to move your miles and miles just to be with him." she said. "that's real love. don't let that slip away just besides you're scared." she spoke. i let her words sink deep into me. "he showed me the apartment. and before you get upset i asked him what were his plans." she defended. "it's lovely. and it's perfect for you both. and your father and i will visit all the time." she smiled. "go be happy Y/n." she looked at me with her hazel eyes. "i love you mommy." were the only words that could escape my mouth as my eyes became moist.

"but what about dad?" i asked. "he's on board. we all want you to be happy dear." she hugged me. "thank you mom." i returned the hug gently.

i began surfing the web to apply for jobs in london. i didn't want to tell Jungkook unless i found a job. i always wanted to work prior the graduation.

a couple weeks passed and june just began were coming up. "hey baby." i heard a sweet voice call from my doorway. "hey." i smiled. it shocked me how times flew so much. it feels like just yesterday i met Jungkook in that hallway.

i shut my laptop before he could see my search for jobs. i called his mom and also told her about my job hunt. she was so ecstatic when i told her about the move. she got me countless online interviews. i'd say the went pretty well. but i haven't heard back from the best offer yet. i really want one in particular. its great salary and i get to live up to my full potential. but i haven't heard back yet. and it sucked. i didn't want to tell Jungkook and then disappoint him.