{sick}40

he looked at me with a warm smile. oh god. i think i'm falling too hard and too fast. what if i can't hold on any longer until the wedding. what happens then. am i going to shatter my own heart.

a few weeks passed and the air was cooler. i enjoyed the fall breeze and wind. the orange leaves and pumpkins at every corner. jieun and i strolled through the park. taheyung invited the group to the drive in tonight. "i don't think i'm gonna go." i spoke. "why not?" she asked. "because i really don't want Jimin ditching me again." i said. "and i need to stop acting like i'm in a relationship with Jungkook when i'm not." i spoke with a cough.. "you're right," she added. "y/n you're running so hot. are you catching a cold?" she worried. "come to think of it i do have the sniffles but i thought it was just the cool weather." i said. "you should stay home today and rest." she said.

jungkook pov:

today the group was going to the drive in. i really wanted to go with Y/n. i haven't seen her this week. she was probably busy with her studies. i was always stunned when i found myself thinking about her so often. it's like she's running laps in my mind.

the day progressed at i met up with the gang at the park for the drive in. "where's Y/n?" i asked jieun quietly. "oh she didn't tell you, she's sick." she spoke. "sick?" i questioned. "mhm she has a cold." she added. jimin texted and said he can't come so, maybe.....you can visit her." jieun rolled her eyes. "you hate me too much." i spoke with a cheeky smile. "i know y/n, and i know your reputation." she added. "i don't want my best friend getting hurt." she said. "but....she's happy." jieun said. "even if you're pretending or whatever, just make sure she's happy." jieun looked at me. "i will." i assured. "jungkook, are you gonna go see Y/n? here take this for her." taheyung handed me a bag of popcorn. "actually i'll get some marshmallows instead." i grabbed my goods and left.

i made it to her place and knocked on the door. she opened it wearing cute fuzzy pajamas as a tissue in her hand. "what are you doing here?" she asked with a sore voice. "jieun told me you were sick, so i come bearing gifts!" i smiled. "you didn't have to." she let me in. "i know." i set the marshmallows and tea for her on the counter. i noticed she was covering her face. "what are you doing?" i chuckled. "i'm sick, so i have my ugly sick face." she spoke. "everyone has an ugly sick face." i grabbed her wrists pulling it off of her face. "yours just happens to be the prettiest one." i said. her cheeks turned a pretty pink color. "shut up...." she teased looking away.

she immediately picked up the marshmallows and began eating them. i placed my palm on her forehead. "did you take medicine?" i asked. "mhm, it's supposed to be drowsy but i haven't fallen asleep yet." she said sitting on the couch. i followed behind her. "you're staying?" she asked. "do you want me to?" i asked. "well i don't want you to get sick...." she replied. "but....i also don't want you to go...." she looked away. i couldn't help but smile at her words. she was so cute.