XXVI

—3rd person pov

Inui watched as Draken walked inside the church. He didn't say it, but once he saw him, and that nice show Mikey had put on by humiliating Taiju, he was 100% convinced that they lost. But he couldn't even care less about that.

His thoughts laid more around (First Name). As much as Kokonoi knocked him out of his thoughts that day at headquarters, he was still very hesitant on the inside.

What Kokonoi didn't know, was that Inui did try to forgive her once. Not in the correct order of events, but six years ago, (First Name) had literally beaten him up and highkey scarred him for life.

After that incident, they didn't talk for a year, but then (First Name) finally mustered up the balls to apologize to him with formal confectionery gifts. She knew he didn't have to accept her apology, and he didn't for the first five to seven months, but soon she earned herself back into his life. That's just who she was.

Only to step down again the moment she was accused for the fire. She had lost her only ever friend a second time. Now that he knew she didn't kill Akane, he really had nothing to lose right? Right?

Thoughts ran through Inui's head, Why did she jump me that day, and without any context either?

That was the same face I saw that day.

He knows he shouldn't be thinking that and probably give ger the benefit of the doubt. But no matter how many times she can prove shes changed, there will always be an underlying fear, and he doesn't know if it will ever go away.

Inui sighed as he watched Toman cheer for their victory and run out onto the winter cold air, eyes glazing the unconscious bodies of his own gang splattered on the floor.

Kokonoi was right behind Taiju as said burly man crawled onto the floor outside, not wanting to admit defeat. Inui watched as his boss dialated his eyes in realization and slouched his shoulders in defeat.

The scarred male simply walked past him, "Boss." Inui started, "We're through."

That's right. Black Dragons had lost, and now Inui had no reason to stay. He did it for Shinichiro, but now what will he do now? Oh.. right.

"It was a nice dream.. short and fleeting as it was." (okay shakespeare) Inui sighed, taking another step down before dawning on a realization, "Koko,"

"What are you going to do now?"

Kokonoi smirked at this and replied with utmost honesty, "What else? I'm goin' with you. Later Taiju." the snake eyed male ran to catch up to the stalling Inui at the foot of the staircase.

"Taiju!" (First Name) yelled, making her way to the bi-color haired man. Inui froze, and Kokonoi saw. Kokonoi smirked, "So?"

"Still thinking, I guess."

Kokonoi deadpanned at that, "There's no fucking way, after all I've told you?"

"It's a little more complicated than that."

"Okay, then tell me! I got all night."

Inui proceeded to tell Koko the whole story.

"Oh.." Kokonoi whistled and looked away awkwardly, "Okay, yeah, I get it now. I'd be conflicted too. How bad did she beat you?"

"Takemichi bad."

"DAMN."

"I KNOW."

"You know why she did it, though?" Kokonoi asked only to recieve a shake of the head, "No. After she punked me half to death she actually looked scared. I do believe that (First Name) did not cause the fire now, actually probably always knew. Knowing my ass I likely gaslit myself into that grudge just because she beat me up.."