XXIX

sorry yall i was just so done with everything

this might be a boring chapter for ygs btw, its mostly thinking out and planning since (First Name) is super duper smart lmaoo. get ready to yawn and be bored asl.

—2nd person pov

"(Last Name), number two, just hit the game point! Mizo Middle School will be going to the finals with a winning score of sixty-eight to fifty!" the emcee yelled. Loud cheering from parents and other students filled the room.

You absent-mindedly lifted your fist up in victory as your teammates tackled you in a bone-crushing hug. As you pried them off you, you looked into the stands. There stood your friends, possessing huge smiles on their faces.

Satsuki-chan, Tetsu-kun, Dai-chin, Ryouta.. Ahh they're all here. Sucks that my lead wasn't as impressive, hn.

No matter. You needed to thank everyone fast and get your ass out the gymnasium. It was February 22nd, the day of the strike. It was only 9am, and yet it felt like you were cutting it too close. You couldn't even fully focus on the game with the stress you had on your gang situation. Not to mention an important text you recieved that morning:

ThiccyMitchy
Emma and Izana are half siblings.

ThiccyMitchy
Mikey, Draken, and I were going through
a box of letters Izana had sent Shinichiro
over the years. There's hundreds of them.
It's obvious that the entire time, Izana was
jealous of Mikey.

ThiccyMitchy
I think he's going to try and kill Mikey.

As you waved your teammates goodbye in the locker room, you were met face to face with an energetic blonde. Good grief, it's Ryoūta.

"(First Name) you were so cool out there!" gushed Momoi.

"Was I?"

"Duh," Aomine said walking in, "You scored easily 30 points for the team. Absolute fuckin legend over here!"

You scoffed as you felt his hand ruffle your hair like an underclassmen, "Get off you damn kouhai. That team wasn't even that good in my opinion, I think I actually was pretty distracted.."

"Yes, you were."

The four of you froze before straightening your postures at the appearance of Akashi. Momoi and Aomine quickly bid goodbye before power walking away. Ryoūta simply attempted to blend in with the stands, which was difficult for him as a model. But they all knew that Akashi gets scary when he starts lecturing.

You awkwardly looked away from his piercing gaze, "Yeahh.. sorry about that. My personal life has just been pretty hectic, you know?"

Akashi stared unimpressed as your thumbs were twiddling awkwardly, your eyes never meeting his own.

"Of course I know, I even took part in one of those hectic situations in your life, you know?" he sent you a smile, a sarcastic and frustrated one. You tried (you really did) to send a real one back but it looked like a half-baked apologetic smile. Many wouldn't even consider it a smile. Again, he was not impressed.

"So.. Sei-kun. What pleasure do I have to see you at my game?"

"Sei-kun? Is that your new nickname for him, (Last Name)-san? Wow, I didn't know he allowed nicknames..." Kuroko sipped on his cola, unmoving and forgotten in his spot beside Akashi.

Blinking feverishly at the sight of him, you just stared at the red head glaring holes into the oblivious little blue-mops face.

"Ah, it's a new thing, Tetsu-kun. Maybe he'll let you call him that." you shrugged.