XXVII

—2nd person pov

"Yuzuhaaaaaaaa....." you groaned, slumping your body onto hers.

"Eh, (First Name)-chan? What are you doing..?"

"Why did you do that! Didn't you realize how dangerous that was?! My god look at how beat up you are.. this is why I—" Yuzuha stopped you from talking by placing her palm onto your mouth.

"Yes yes I know, it was a stupid move, but you know how much I love my brother and—eek!" you slightly licked her hand to get it off you, "Yes yes I know but what about you?"

What about.. me?

"About me?" Yuzuha pointed at herself. You pulled her into an embrace.

"Yes you." you nodded with a tired exhale, "What you did could've costed you your life. I gotta thank Takashi later because if he didn't block your move, I don't know where I'd be right now."

Yuzuha gasped as she felt her body being held close to yours—her cheeks painted pink, "H-Hey! I'm not that important, it wouldn't have.. uhm.."

You deadpanned at her, "Stop downplaying your own worth. If you were locked up, Hakkai wouldn't have someone to rely on, I wouldn't have a best friend, and there's no way anyone can replace you."

Best.. friend.. right.

"But—" "AH."

"Huh? Bu—" "HAH."

You shut her up, "Don't deny it. You're worth a lot more than you think you are, don't try to contradict me–it won't work."

"O..kay."

You huffed, thankful she gave in, "How about we go hang out next week, yeah?"

"..Y-Yeah!! I'm down!" Yuzuha stammered, making you smile slightly, "Good."

Yuzuha and you then walked to her place so she could stay safe (since she was so injured) while you hobbled your (also pretty injured ass) back to your place.

"Uughhhh.." you winced, the rush of adrenaline from the night completely releasing as you collapsed on your couch. This sucks, I still have to take a shower..!

So you did, making your way to the shower and watching as blood from earlier washed down the drain. You stared at your hands blankly, you knew this blood on your knuckles wasn't yours. Why didn't you remember it?

A part of you knew it was Taiju's blood, but you only remember socking a few BD members with Draken. When you found yourself reeling your arm to punch Taiju's already battered face, it felt like your mind wiped out. It went from feeling like nothing to finally being aware of the aching sensation of your fists and the world around you.

In that instant where your punches ceased from Taiju's poor face, you've never felt more aware.

This feared you greatly. More than anyone could ever imagine.

You felt the eyes of your friends looking at you, scared of you, not wanting to intervene because they don't believe you'll stop. They looked at you like an animal, besides Mikey.

Manjiro looked at me.. with so much pity. He knows, he definitely knows how I felt.

A deep, shaky sigh released from your core, though it did not release any tension built on your shoulders. Usually people say showers cool your mind down and refresh, but this shower couldn't be anymore suffocating.

You wanted answers, bad.

What is happening to you?

Muto.. Chief.. and so many other have been helping you to find yourself again. Once you felt like you were getting closer to your goal, it seems like you fell back a whole flight of stairs worth of development.