Mama Swift & Mama Kelce

"Travis seriously seems like a lovely guy Taylor, I'm just so happy for you!" Mom gleamed at me, she looked like she was holding back tears; tears of relief.

Mom was always my muse and all she wanted was for me to be happy. When Joe left my world, I was lost and shattered, Mom would hold me tight as I cried through the painful nights as she would wish that I'd find someone that would cherish and love me like Joe once did. Even though I will never be healed from Mom battling cancer and my fears of losing her, I needed to find other happiness because that's what she wanted and the day I attended the Chiefs game, her wishes came true...

"He just really is Mom, he's just truly gorgeous, and he just always seems to care about me!" I smiled in response to Mom, as she sat on the couch across from me. It had been a month since the chief games, where Travis and I had officially been dating and for all I know, the longer it's been, the more I fall in love with him.

"Oh honey, I'm just so happy! As your mother I'm always worried about you but you just seemed so broken after Joe that all I could wish for is you would find your own happiness again. Then when I saw how happy you were at Travis' game, I knew everything would be okay." Mom ended up tearing up out of relief for me, despite trying to hold them back.

"Thanks Mom, I love you. " I shed a tear, Mom was really just my favourite person.

"I love you too, my baby." She responded, I love her so much.

"Thanks again Mom, anyway I was thinking you would adore Travis' mom! Ever since we spoke at the game, she and I just knew you had to meet her. She's just going to love you! Would you like to invite her and Travis to lunch sometime?" I asked her; all the fans would say, Donna Kelce and mom would make great friends, they definitely knew where they were coming from.

"Of course darling! She sounds like a lovely woman, I'd love to meet her! Let Travis know and we'll arrange a time." Mom responded, I knew she was keen.

Text Messages:

Taylor: Hey, so I just spoke with my mom. Would you and your mom like to come over to my moms place for lunch sometime this week?

Travis: You know the answer! I'll let my mama know what day works and I'll get back to ya!

Taylor: Sounds great 😻😻

Travis: Hey, so does 12:30pm Thursday work? Mama's looking forward to meeting yours❤️

Taylor: That's perfect ! I'll let Mom know! So is mine, I just know they'll adore each other🥰🥰

Travis: Great!! I can't wait, I know Jason is going to be happy to hear about this well haha❤️

I felt optimistic about the day my mother would meet him, it just seemed to be promised. I just had this feeling of excitement and sense of calmingness. When I watched the game with his mother, I found that it was easy to understand where his warmth came from.

"I'm Andrea, it's nice to meet you Donna! You too Travis, Taylor told me great things about you!" Mom greeted them both with a hug.

"It's nice to meet you too, Andrea! Thank you for having us!" Donna responded, already matching mom's energy.

"Thanks, Andrea! Mom's seriously been looking forward to meeting you." Travis blushed as he walked towards me just as Kitty came running towards him.

"This over-here is Kitty, mom's favourite child!" I jokingly said.

"Oh aren't you just a giant-cutie!" Travis said, petting her.

"Kind of betrayed, you're a dog person!" I nudged him gently .