Sunset Drives

"Are you ready to go?" Travis asked, as we prepared to leave Arrowhead.

"I sure am!" I slightly let out a smile; this wasn't our first date but it was the first date where the world knew about us. As nervous as I was, I knew this may be the start of something, for all I knew I just adored Travis.

Butterflies filled my stomach as we exited the stadium, people screaming our names and cell phones recording what would be world news; my hand was beside his, as I wondered if they would hold. Travis looked anxious, it was obvious to tell; I knew he was hoping his plan would work but I was too.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him, I could tell his nerves had seemingly risen.

"Everythings fine, don't worry! And you, are you okay?" He shakingly asked.

"I'm okay seriously!" I mildly beamed, as we paced over to his car.

There parked was a black-convertible; the one he'd be driving as I sat beside. It wasn't of me to just casually be driven in a convertible, as much as I wished it would be but I knew with him it'd be okay.

"Here hop in!" He asked as he opened the car's door.

"Thank you." I smiled and nodded as I took a seat whilst he shut the door.

"Ready to roll?" He glanced at me after he entered the car.

"I certainly am!" I responded, slightly nervous but I knew it would be alright.

It was the midst of dusk as he was driving, the sunset sky glowing like it was just us in the world. I hadn't experienced this freedom in years; I finally had that peace I yearned for, I was safe with him, I hadn't felt like this in years where I was able to be outside without millions of flashes capturing my face.

"How long do you give it until the paps start invading Kansas City?" I jokingly asked, in line with my thoughts.

"I'd give it a day, knowing how big the news will be about us!" He laughed.

"I'd say that's accurate! I'm just going to appreciate this night either way, especially with you." I responded.

"I agree, let's just enjoy the night!" Travis glanced over at me as he drove.

The wind breezed through my hair as he rapidly drove through the city. We spoke, we laughed and I got that feeling this would work out. I was happy and free...

"Honestly this whole experience is giving Barbie and Ken a getaway car!" I stated.

"Didn't think I'd ever hear Taylor Swift herself referencing her-own songs but hey I like it! Surely I can feel Ken and Barbie vibes." He smirked.

"Not something I do often but it's definitely a getaway car when you're breaking speed limits!" I smirked back.

"Hey but you're having a good time and that's all I care about!" He responded.

"Well I sure am and I can't wait to spend the rest of the night with you!" I smiled.

"Me too, thank you for being here!" Travis replied, he didn't have to thank me because I was glad to be here. In that moment I felt like I could hang out with him for my whole life.

Had a few requests for this, very happy with it!!! Honestly they seriously did feel like Barbie and Ken in a Getaway Car!! Once again dm/comment any suggestions for oneshots <3 -  Zoë