A Child pt.1

Taylor glanced down at the two pink lines; parallel to one-another, so it was, she was pregnant. She and Travis had been trying so this wasn't unexpected but what was; was her fear of the future; the fear that my child wouldn't be able to live a normal life because of who their parents were. She had always desired to become a mother but now that desire was coming to a reality, it felt like she had been opened to a new reality overnight. As scared as she was; she was excited that she was carrying the baby with the man she loved, a man who would love this baby like she did and that she'd be bringing a new life into the world. Before she knew it she began to cry; tears of her worries rolled down her cheeks, as she slowly paced over to Travis to break the news to him. There on the couch, Travis was seated reading a novel; beside him were Benjamin and Chauncey, the two surprisingly got along okay for a cat and dog.

"What's wrong, babe? Are you okay? " He asked, frowning upon noticing Taylor's tears.

"I'm pregnant." She quietly said, biting her lip; wondering how he'd react;, what if he changed his mind about wanting a child?

"So you mean, that you're carrying our child?" He responded, his pupils widening; he seemed happy, she hoped.

"Are you happy?" She smiled slightly.

"Of course I am! Are you feeling okay about it?" His smile quickly changed into a face of concern for Taylor.

"I'm really excited but I'm scared that our child won't be able to live a normal life or that I won't be a good mother. " Her heart clenched; her mother had always been her best friend from the day she came into this world, her heart broke at the thought of her own child not feeling that same love.

"You're going to be the best mom, trust me; we're going to get through this alright, I worry about that too but all we can do is try our best and work through parenthood." Travis got up from the couch; as he walked over to Taylor, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"I hope so, you're going to be the best dad I know. You're right, we'll just have to navigate through it but regardless of what happens, I'm so glad to be carrying your child." She let out a small beam, her tears still rolled but they were tears of joy; she was excited to become a mother and see Travis become a father.  

----------------------------------------

Two Months Later

Taylor was two months along so far; it wasn't like her fears had vanished but she tried to ignore them, she was mostly okay aside from the morning sickness and pregnancy hormones. She and Travis were relieved to hear at the ultrasound that their child was healthy which was all that had mattered, neither of them knew the gender yet but they both had a strong instinct it was a girl. They had decided that with both their parents being split they'll tell them separately, along with Austin and Jason by next week but it had come to an agreement that Taylor would tell her mother first when she would be visiting today.

"How do you think your mom's gonna feel about becoming a grandma?" Travis murmured, as he wrapped his arms around Taylor's stomach, her bump was small but it gave them both comfort to know their child was there.

"She's going to be very surprised but extremely overjoyed, that'll she'll cry; I also have a feeling my dad will too. What about your mom?" Taylor looked up at Travis, she knew her parents were going to be happy; so would Travis'.

"Even though this is her fourth grandchild, she's going to cry. I just know it, just like she did with Jason. It's funny if ours' is a girl like we think it is, mom's finally getting four granddaughters after she never got a daughter!" He slightly giggled, so did she; shortly after that moment the doorbell rang, meaning that her mother was here. 

Taylor quickly walked away from Travis to answer; while still a little anxious but extremely happy to be announcing her pregnancy to her mother, her favourite human.

"Hi Mom!" Taylor instantly flung into her mothers arms.

"Hi honey! How are you?" Andrea asked, hugging her daughter tight.

"I'm good! Take a seat mom, I have some news for you." Taylor beamed, as her mother walked over to the couch.

"Good to see you again Andrea!" Travis greeted her with a hug.

"It's so lovely to see you too Travis!" Andrea beamed, she adored Travis; he made her daughter happy and his mother was a friend to her.

Taylor sat down, across from her mother as Travis took a seat beside her. A small box in her hands, that held the ultrasound and a note that read 'you're going to be a grandma! Baby Kelce-Swift coming April 2025', they had prepared the same for Donna but added 'again to the note. The couple glanced at once-another, nodding in decision to break the news to her mum.

"So Mom, we want you to open this!" Taylor handed the box to her mother, staring at her as she opened the box. Her mother's pupils winded, as shock came to her face; her eyes filling with tears.

"Congratulations, I'm so happy for the two of you! I just can't believe that my baby is having one-of-her-own! I just can't believe that I'm going to become a grandmother, you two are going to make the best parents. How far along are you, has your pregnancy been okay?" Andrea was in shock but so happy; she was going to spoil her grandchild, she felt as if she just gave birth to Taylor yesterday and now that baby was going to have her own baby.

"I'm eight weeks along so far. My pregnancy has been okay but the morning sickness has been horrible, I just wish this baby was nicer to me!" Taylor giggled.

"I had the worst morning sickness with you, it was only slightly better with Austin but either way it was worth it for you guys." Her mother said.

She giggled at her mothers words, she knew that she would make a wonderful grandmother like she did as a mother.

Another long one-shot!! This is going to have 2 maybe three parts, I seriously enjoyed writing it so I hope you guys love it <3 Thank you so much for all the support and once again comment/dm your ideas <33 *Edit I originally wrote about Taylor knowing the gender at 8 weeks since I'm dumb and my brain was not braining, so that'll be in the next chapter! Thank you so much to - Zoë

@laylaismywife - Thank you so much for pointing out the mistake, you're the best <33