Proposal

This is set after 'Our Child pt 1 and 2' but you won't have to read it if you haven't so! Eloise is their fictional daughter born in our child! 

Taylor looked down at Eloise, currently suckling on her breast whilst she sat there in a rocking chair. She was at her max-exhaustion; caring for a newborn wasn't easy but she loved her daughter to pieces. Travis pushed her to get some sleep but she declined; Eloise was hungry and would refuse a bottle. She glanced down at her daughter, asleep in her arms, no longer nursing; if she put her down the newborn would scream for her; so of course she continued to sit there. Taylor debated on returning to the bedroom where Travis was fast asleep and she could attempt to put Eloise in her bassinet but when she looked down at her daughter's sleeping face decided to stay in the nursery. She lifted up her phone beside her, quickly snapping a photo of the sleeping newborn, sending it to Travis so he would understand why she wasn't in bed when he woke up. She caressed, the infant's cheek; whispering to her,

"I love you."

It was crazy to think that it went from a failed-delivered friendship bracelet to cheering his touchdown at the chiefs game and now she was rocking their newborn baby to sleep. They had many special moments together and of course she couldn't wish for anything else but Taylor felt wretched that he hasn't proposed yet. She knew that she could always be the one too and marriage wasn't essential but it was something she wanted because she truly loved him and that was the only reason. The thing was, what if Travis wasn't aware that she wanted him to propose, did she have to bring it up or would it come naturally as the world would keep spinning.

"Maybe, I'll send him a signal this morning." She thought, beaming when she looked down at Eloise.

Her mind went off into her own thoughts until the sun had risen. She didn't think of proposals and rings until she heard the soft sounds of Travis' footsteps coming towards the nursery but now it wasn't the moment to bring her desires up.

"Are you feeling alright babe? You seem exhausted, you really shouldn't do this." Travis walked towards her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm okay seriously, I don't mind staying up with her. You've seriously been an amazing father, you need rest too." Taylor replies; smiling slightly.

"You're a wonderful mother but you need to rest, we're doing this together." He reassures her.

"Seriously, it's okay." She sighs, hoping he'll propose but then she thought, 'why would he in some random moment' so she decided to bring it. "Travis, do you ever plan on marrying me?" She asks, biting her lip as Eloise starts to stir in her arms.

Travis stands there, shock on his face as he runs to exit the room, like he was in the middle of a football match. Taylor knew something was up, she knew she always had to plan; a smirk lit up on her face a split second as Travis arrived back into the nursery.

"Taylor, it may seem clique to ask but will you marry me?" Travis blushes, holding out an opal ring; her favourite stone and his birthstone.

"Of course, I will." Her blue-eyes widened; as she let out a finger still tightly cradling her daughter. "I love you Travis, I just can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together, thank you." Taylor was too stunned for words.

"I love you Taylor, you're the most beautiful woman both inside and out, you're the only one I want." He beams, he really did love her. "Did you hear that Elle? Daddy and Mommy are getting married!" He exclaimed, caressing his daughter's cheek.

"You're the most beautiful man, I love you so much Travis, you're the only one I would want to marry" She loved him dearly and he was going to marry her; a pathological people pleaser. 

Ok this is one of my fav chapters (I ALWAYS SAY THAT BUT IT IS TRUE AHAHAH), anyway I had a few request for this so I hope you guys love it <3 Anyway, I've been fairly busy with school (I have a biology, maths and health assignment all so soon, help me) but I'll try update as much as possible as I do enjoy writing this <3 Anyway comment/dm your request <3-  Zoë