6. Cat Food

"Good afternoon, Phi? Are you feeling better?" asked Beam, when he met Lam in the hotel lobby.

Lam smiled faintly. "Yes, thank you, Nong Beam, thanks to the help of you and your friends."

Beam nodded. "You're welcome, Phi, it's all just a coincidence."

Beam thought Lam was a cold man, didn't talk much, and kept his distance. His smile was very faint and his attitude was also stiff.

However, he is very handsome, athletic, and looks dignified in his silence.

On the contrary, Lam felt he had never met a man like Beam, who looked handsome, cute, and beautiful at the same time.

Beam's skin is so white and smooth, in sharp contrast to his black and sharp eyes, black and thick eyebrows, thick and curly eyelashes, and lips that are full and red like cherries.

However, it seems like Beam is a quiet and closed man.

"Phi Beam, you're here," said Wayo, who came from behind. "I looked for you in the room, but there was only a Phi Kit."

"Oh, Nong, I accompanied Phana to buy sandals at the supermarket in front, then he also had to stop at the ATM. I felt it was too hot outside, so I just waited for him here," answered Beam.

"Euh, Phi Lam, are you waiting for Phi Park?" Wayo asked Lam.

"Yes. He is taking the car at Phi Ai's house, to pick them up," answered Lam. "You want to come, Nong?"

Wayo looked doubtful. He stared at Beam for a moment, then shook his head.

"No, Phi. I think I need to accompany Phi Beam and his friends to look around here. Besides, Phi Park told me to take the participants' tokens from them later at the festival opening."

"Okay," said Lam. He turned to Beam. "Nong Beam, please look after my little brother for a moment, okay? I have to pick up my other cousin."

"Don't worry, Phi, I will accompany him," said Beam.

Park arrives in a Rubicon car and signals to Lam. They talked for a while in the car, then Park leaned out the window.

"Nong Beam, thank you for your help last night so that my wife recovered in the morning," said Park cheerfully.

Lam hit Park's back, who was in front of him. "Don't call me your wife, Park, or you can't touch me while we're here!" Lam said fiercely.

"Oh? Look, Nong Beam, he can threaten me again, which means he's completely recovered," said Park.

Beam and Wayo laughed. Park started the car engine and waved.

"They're so cute together," Beam said.

"Yes. They are like sky and earth, but the two are inseparable," said Wayo.

Beam saw Phana walking closer. He touched Wayo's arm. "Nong, please wait here for a moment, in case Phana comes back and looks for me. I need to go to the bathroom for a moment."

"Uh, Phi, but--"

"I'll be gone for a bit."

Wayo looked at Beam leaving in confusion. He saw Phana enter the lobby and looked here and there. With a rumbling chest, Wayo approached Phana.

"Phi," said Wayo.

Phana turned and smiled to see Wayo standing in front of him. He swallowed hard, seeing how cute the boy in front of him was.

Wayo wore a white t-shirt with an open Hawaiian shirt and cream colored cargo shorts. He also put sunglasses over his thick hair and wore rubber sandals.

"Nong," Phana greeted back. "Have you seen Beam? He said he would wait for me here earlier."

"Phi Beam went to the bathroom earlier and asked me to tell you when you came back," answered Wayo nervously.

Phana grumbled in his heart because Beam didn't tell him. Phana's phone rang, a short message notification. He took the phone from his trouser pocket.

"Just a moment, Nong," said Phana to Wayo.

"Uh, Phi, I'd better go," Wayo said nervously.

Phana grabbed Wayo's hand reflexively. "Don't! Wait a moment with me."

Phana then read the incoming message.

(I'm going for a walk. Kit is too lazy to go out so he's going to watch Netflix in the room. Accompany Wayo and don't try to miss a good opportunity.)

Phana smiled at Beam's message and put the phone back in his pocket. He turned his head and was amazed to see Wayo's cheeks, which were as red as a ripe apple.

"Phi... err... can you, uh, let go of my hand," Wayo muttered shyly.

Phana looked at his hand which was still holding Wayo's hand.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Nong," said Phana, releasing his hand to Wayo.

The man smiled. "I'm going to go see the preparations for the festival. I'll say goodbye, Phi," said Wayo.

He wanted to leave quickly because he felt embarrassed and afraid that Phana would hear his pounding heartbeat in his chest. The tall man's grip on his hand made him feel embarrassed.

Phana saw Wayo move and suddenly grabbed Wayo's hand again to hold him. "Can we go together? I think I want to see it too."

Wayo was shocked. "You want to go with me?"

"Of course. You're here often, right? So you know where we can buy some delicious ice cream while we look around, right?" asked Phana happily.

Wayo blushed and then nodded. They then left together, walking side by side.

Meanwhile, Beam walked alone towards the beach. He looked around the area where the festival would take place and left again because it was too crowded there.

Beam walked along the edge of the beach, occasionally taking photos, then turned towards the rows of restaurants, cafes and hotels.

He ordered coffee at a cafe and sat in one of the chairs in front of the cafe, which looked full of visitors.

The festival area was starting to get busy and when Beam checked his watch, he was surprised to find that he had been walking around for quite a while.

His phone vibrated and Beam saw an incoming message notification from Kit.

(Hey, Beam, where are you? I've joined Phana and Wayo to see the opening of the festival. We're near the green and blue tents.)

(I'll catch up soon. Are Phi Lam and Phi Park back yet?) Beam replied.

(Yes, but they went with their other two cousins, who knows where.) Kit answered.

Beam was just about to leave, when a man held his hand. Beam turned his head in surprise.

"Yes?" Beam asked in a formal tone.

"Uh, I'm sorry, sir, but can you help me buy cat food at the minimarket?" asked the man in an agitated manner. He held out money.

"I can't go in there, because of this..." The man showed something in his hand and Beam gasped.

"Oh!"

***