23. Kidnapped

"Fuck!" Forth cursed as he threw the paper he got from under the plate of food on the table. The writing on the paper read.  "Let Elliana go or your boyfriend dies. Or prepare 5 million dollars as ransom."

Forth took his phone and called someone. 

"El, your ex-husband kidnapped my lover!"  Forth said in an angry tone.  "That crazy gambler is still following you." 

On the other channel, Elliana was stunned. "Where are you Forth?" 

"My room." 

"Wait there. I'll take care of everything and believe me, your little darling will come back in one piece." 

Forth hung up the phone and sank down on the sofa. After a few minutes, he decided to open his laptop and do something there. 

Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the bedroom door. Forth opened the door and saw Elliana standing in front of him smiling. 

"How?" Forth asked with furrowed eyebrows. He opened the door wider and let Elliana enter.

"Do you know who gave him the information about your little lover?"  Elliana asked as she walked towards the sofa. 

"Hm? Who?" Forth asked in surprise. 

"Enrique, his friend, fellow service staff at the gala event," answered Elliana.  "Apparently that crazy gambler wanted to blackmail me. He paid people to follow me and when he found out we would be at the gala, he installed Enrique and coincidentally your boyfriend is friends with him!" 

"Bastard! No wonder Enrique called you a sensation seeker to Beam. He slandered your name." 

"I've taken care of it, and in less than an hour, your little darling will be here." 

"Elliana, we might have to end this charade immediately, because my Beam's life could be in danger. Your ex-husbands are all crazy. They can't bother me, so they're targeting Beam." 

"How did he come to Brazil? You said no one knows what your business is here." 

"Precisely because no one knew, he came here to look for me." 

"But, your Uncle Joen hasn't appeared yet. Has he died somewhere?" 

"Don't be crazy! He will appear." 

"Maybe, I'll just abort this fetus." 

Forth hit the table hard, making Elliana gasp in surprise. "DON'T! If you don't want to take care of him, I'll adopt him after he's born. Besides, Beam and I are both men so no one can get pregnant and give birth between us. Adoption is the best way." 

Elliana's eyes widened. "Forth, are you serious? Have you thought about marrying Beam?" 

"Of course. I will marry him and start a family with him." 

"But you said he hasn't accepted your love." 

"He'll accept it sooner or later. He's just still afraid to open his heart. I'll teach him to be braver." 

Elliana shook her head in amazement.  If only her love story with Joen, the eccentric man--Forth's uncle, who planted a seed in her womb could be that beautiful, she wouldn't have to deal with as many annoying things as she does now.

Forth paced restlessly in the room, while Elliana was busy monitoring her men who were taking care of Beam who was kidnapped by Elliana's ex-husband's men. 

Not even an hour later, there was a knock on the hotel room door.  Forth quickly opened the door and saw Beam standing with a man. 

Forth didn't delay, pulling Beam into his arms and holding him tightly. "Oh, God, Baby, I'm going crazy because of this problem," said Forth. 

He let go of the hug, checked Beam, then hugged him again. "Baby, are you okay? Is something hurt?" Forth asked worriedly. 

"No, it's okay, Phi, I'm fine," answered Beam with a smile. 

The man behind Beam chuckled. "It would be more appropriate for you to ask the people who tried to kidnap him, Mr. Forth. Two of them are still unconscious and one looks like he will have a serious concussion," said the man, glancing at Beam reluctantly. 

"What happened, Baby?" Forth asked as he took Beam's hand inside, then sat on the sofa. 

Beam smiled when he saw Elliana. "Ms. Elliana," said Beam. "Your men saved me," he continued, pointing to the man behind him. 

"No, no, ma'am. When I managed to find him, the kidnappers' car stopped on the side of a quiet road leading out of town and the kidnappers were all knocked out," said the man behind Beam. 

"Baby, what happened?" Forth asked curiously. 

Beam sighed and looked annoyed.  "Enrique delivered the food," said Beam, pointing to the food on the table. "Ah, you haven't eaten it yet. He said he wanted to show me something about you and Ms. Elliana, so I followed him. At the end of the corridor, it turned out there was another man who immediately ambushed me. They then put me in the car. Enrique said that he was paid to kidnap you,  Phi, but they kidnapped me instead because it was easier, they said. They will ask you and Ms. Elliana for ransom. Their boss said they would take revenge on Ms. Elliana." 

Forth growled like a wounded wolf when he heard Beam's story. 

"Then what happened after that, Nong?"  Elliana asked in a soft tone. 

"On the way, someone called them and said something, which made them panic. They became less alert and I managed to untie, so I could attack them," answered Beam calmly. "I studied traditional Chinese medicine and used it on them. However, I was very angry with Enrique and beat him severely. I hate traitors!" 

Forth and Elliana looked at each other.  Elliana's men smiled faintly. 

"Nong Beam was sitting on the side of the road waiting for a battered Enrique when we came, ma'am. The driver of the car and another person were stiffly punched by Nong Beam." 

Forth took Beam into his arms and kissed his face until Beam felt embarrassed. 

"Oh God, Baby, I'm going to have a heart attack if anything happens to you." 

Beam tucked his head into the crook of Forth's neck. "I can do martial arts, Phi, so you can relax."

Elliana smiled seeing the way Forth looked at Beam. She then turned to his bodyguard. 

"Jorge, I think it's time we took care of them. I was too patient with that bastard, but now I want everything to be over. Just chase him down and kill him, then throw his body in my piranha pool." 

Beam looked at Elliana in awe. The woman was very beautiful and elegant.  How stupid the person who betrayed her was. 

"Umm, ma'am, I don't think we need to do that anymore," Jorge said while looking at his phone screen. 

"Huh? Why?" 

"Kenta just sent a message. Mr. Lombardinho was found in the city park, in a body bag." 

Elliana gasped, and so did Forth. 

"Who did it?" Elliana asked slowly. 

"I don't know, ma'am. But on the cheek of Mr. Lombardinho's corpse there was a scratch with a razor in the shape of a figure eight." 

"Oh, Fuck!" Forth whispered in surprise.

***