37. The Idiots

"Your family?"

Doctor Alan's eyebrows rose and his face looked surprised.

"What do you mean, your family? Are you trying to bully me, young man?" he snapped loudly and pointed at Forth.

Beam stepped in front of Forth.  "Doctor Alan, I've tried to reject you, many times, but you always try to harass me by using your position as a mentor. You think I need you to give me good grades and great recommendations in order to work at this hospital. But, you think too much. You are arrogant, Doctor Alan. I don't need you because I am the future son-in-law of the Jamorhnoom family and this is Forth Jamorhnoom, Sheen Jamorhnoom's youngest brother."

Beam's long and firm words made Doctor Alan's face turn pale.  He looked at Forth dumbfounded.

Forth didn't pay attention to Doctor Alan at all.  He grabbed Beam's hand gently.

"Have you finished your report, Baby? Let's go home, if you're finished. I'm very tired," said Forth.

Beam nodded and grabbed his bag.  He handed the completed file to Doctor Alan who accepted it stiffly like a robot.

"I don't care what grades you give me, Doctor Alan. I can get a job at any hospital, without your help, even without the help of Phi Sheen, my brother-in-law, because I believe my abilities as a doctor are quite reliable and I have proven it many times,"  Beam said firmly.

Beam grabbed Forth's hand and led him outside.  Forth squeezed Beam's hand and walked along with him outside.

"Forth!"  Rose exclaimed when she saw Beam and Forth walking together towards the lobby.  "Have you seen your uncle's condition?"

Forth nodded.  "Yes. He's devastated and I don't think he'll want to leave until he sees Elliana and Eron buried."

Rose massaged her forehead.  Beam approached the woman and hugged her gently.  "Don't worry too much, Mom, everything will be fine. Uncle Joen is just shocked right now, but he will recover."

Rose nodded.  "You guys go home. I'll wait here. Your mother will come to accompany me, Beam. Coincidentally, she's around here," said Rose.

Forth and Beam went home together.  Forth was really tired and he fell asleep immediately after arriving home and after taking a shower.

Beam called Phana and Kit and had a threesome video conference.

"Beam, have you completed all the reports that need to be signed by Doctor Alan?"  asked Phana.  "I saw him come out of his room with a terrible face earlier."

Beam laughed and told what happened before.  Phana and Kit cheered at that.

"Finally he hit the rock," Kit said happily.  "That bastard once squeezed my butt when I was helping him in an operation."

"Hey, don't let Ming find out about that, or he might shoot Doctor Alan right between the eyes," said Beam worriedly.

"Or at least, your possessive boyfriend will probably break his hand so that he will have to forget his profession as a doctor," added Phana.

They ended the conversation and Beam followed Forth into dreamland.

"Baby, wake up, we have to go to the hospital this morning," whispered Forth in Beam's ear.

Beam opened his eyes which felt heavy and writhed like a kitten, making Forth unable to stand it and kissed him hard.  Beam giggled amusedly.

"Phiii... That's really ticklish," said Beam while hugging Forth tightly.  "Ah, I slept really well last night."

"I'm sorry, Baby. Last night I went straight to sleep and didn't accompany you. What time did you go to bed?"  Forth asked as he pulled Beam out of bed.

"Not too long after you went to sleep, Phi. I held a video conference with Phana and Kit for a while, then went to sleep," said Beam.

Forth woke up early today and prepared breakfast, to make up for the guilt of leaving Beam to sleep first.

"Oh, Phi, this is a great breakfast dish," Beam said with wide eyes.

"Eat. You were tired last night too. After this, we went to the hospital together. Mom said that the funeral for Elliana, Eron and the baby will be held this afternoon," said Forth.  "She wants us to attend as a form of support for Uncle Joen."

"Of course, Phi. This was hard for him, not only because they had betrayed him, but then he saw them all die before his eyes," said Beam sadly.

"Yes. I'm worried about him now. He is a closed and solitary person. After this, it will definitely be increasingly difficult for him to find a partner and that will also make him even more distant from us," said Forth.

"Hopefully he can recover after this," said Beam.  "Or if necessary, we can recommend that he attend therapy to heal his wounded heart. Kit's father is a famous psychiatrist and if I'm not mistaken, he is also your father's friend."

"Yeah, I think you're right, Baby. I'll try to talk to my dad later, so he talks to Uncle Joen and Uncle Intochar."

Forth and Beam finished breakfast and got ready to leave.  They wear black clothes to attend funerals.

"Mom, why do we have to take care of their funeral?"  Forth asked Rose while at the hospital.  "Do Elliana and Eron not have a family?"

"Your uncle insists on taking care of them with his hands," said Rose with a sigh.  "He said it was to atone for his guilt for causing the accident."

"Stupid man! Even though he wasn't the one who caused the accident at all!"

Forth and Beam turned their heads together, seeing Moira approaching while grumbling.

"Mom, why are you angry?"  Beam asked in surprise.

Rose took Beam's hand while grimacing.  "He and Joen argued all night about the accident."

Beam's eyebrows rose.  Moira slumped down on the chair with a sullen face.

"I thought all members of the Jamorhnoom family were intelligent, but it turns out there is one idiot among you," said Moira, pointing at Forth with a frown.

Forth looked confused at Moira's attitude and turned to his mother who grimaced and shrugged.

"Mom, who do you mean?"  Beam asked gently.

"Joendarun Piwat Jamorhnoom, of course," concluded Moira firmly.  "He was completely betrayed, taken advantage of, and deceived by those people, but when they received punishment for their actions, he felt guilty and insisted on working them into the dust!"

Beam looked at Rose apologetically, but Rose smiled broadly.

"They've been like that since they were teenagers," Rose told Forth.

"They know each other too?"  Forth asked.

"Sure," said Rose with a laugh.  "Joen was Moira's first love."

"What? But their ages?"  Forth said confused.

"Yes. Joen is four years younger than Moira. But who cares about age?"  said Rose.  "It's just puppy love."

Rose then invited Moira to go to the hospital cafeteria to buy coffee, before they started preparations for the funeral.

Forth took Beam's hand and looked at him strangely.

"Phi, why are you looking at me like that?"  Beam asked confused.  "Is there something on my face?"

Forth drew closer to Beam.  "Baby, do you still remember our conversation about your mother? Your desire to find her a new husband?"  Forth asked while smirking.

Beam nodded.  "Yes, I remember. Do you know who the right person is?"

Forth nodded and laughed secretively.  "Yes. The person is very close and very suitable for your mother."

"Hm?"  Beam asked in surprise.  "Who?"