30. The Acceptance

"Mom and Dad always force me to get married because they will divorce soon and they don't have anyone to take care of me," said Elena in a low voice.  "According to them, if I'm married, they have no obligation to take me with them."

"Oh my God, what kind of parents are they," said Rose angrily, pounding the table.  "Beam was abandoned by his parents because they divorced, and you will soon experience that too. They are so ridiculous!"

Everyone looked at Rose with different gazes.  Kingsley smiled with a look full of love, Forth and Keegan with a look of horror, Beam and Elena with a look of admiration.

Kingsley whispered to Forth and Keegan.  "Don't let your future in-laws meet your mother. She will tear them apart!"

Forth and Keegan nodded simultaneously while swallowing hard.

Rose grabbed Beam and Elena's hands on the table with both hands and held their hands tightly.

"You don't need to worry about anything. From now on, you are members of the Jamorhnoom family," said Rose firmly.  "Even if you don't marry my children, I will adopt you as my children!"

Elena's eyes filled with tears, while Beam's face turned red.

"Thank you, Mom," said Elena in a choked voice.  "At first I was afraid that I wouldn't be accepted because my family was so messy. But now I'm grateful because they didn't want me."

Beam squeezed Rose's hand gently and didn't say anything, just smiled.

"Let's throw them away, so they know what it's like to be abandoned by someone," said Rose again.  "Don't think that only parents can throw away children, but the opposite can also happen."

"Mom, can we eat the muffins now? I can't stand the smell of them for a long time," said Forth, pointing to the kitchen.

Rose patted her forehead.  "Ah, I forgot about the muffins. Come on, Beam, Elena, help me prepare the muffins for our boys."

Kingsley sighed as he watched Rose walk into the kitchen with her future daughter and son-in-law.

"You have a couple whose family is having problems," Kingsley said carefully.  "I think, at the beginning of your time together, you had a lot of trouble getting close to them. Is that true?"

Forth snapped his fingers.  "That's right, Dad. It even took me months to convince Beam that I really loved him and wouldn't betray him. He's very sensitive and finds it hard to trust other people. He always thinks people will leave him."

"It seems like what happened to me was the same, just in a different pattern," responded Keegan.  "Elena actually likes to play with people because she always thinks that the other person doesn't care, so she tries to attract other people's attention by acting as she pleases."

"That's what I mean. Your task becomes harder, because you have to have a strong commitment before actually being with them," said Kingsley firmly.  "I am not at all against divorce, if in the end it feels like the best way. But I am very against child neglect like what Elena will experience and Beam has experienced. If one day any of you do it, I will behead you myself. You guys understand?"

"We understand, Dad," said Forth with a smile.  "I really love Beam and will always look after him for the rest of my life."

"So do I, Dad. My love for Elena is everyting. I will never leave her," said Keegan confidently.

A moment later Rose returned with Beam and Elena, with several types of fragrant muffins and coffee.

Towards nine in the evening, Forth invited Beam upstairs to his room.