35. New Husband

"Are you sure, Beam?"

Forth couldn't stop scratching his head which didn't itch.  He felt his emotions mixed and turning upside down like a roller coaster.

Beam smiled and nodded confidently.  He scrolled through the pictures on the iPad seriously, then clicked a few times, then handed the iPad to Forth.

"It's finished!"  he said in a satisfied tone.  "Phi can pay it straight away.

"Oh, honey, you're driving me crazy," muttered Forth with a bright red face.

Beam smiled sweetly and stood up from the bed.  He leaned towards Forth and kissed his cheek.

"I want to go out and talk to my mother. There are some things I need to talk to her about," said Beam.

Forth nodded and patted Beam's buttocks lightly.  He saw Beam leave the room and returned his attention to the iPad in his hand.

Beam took the phone and called his mother who was now at Forth's house.  He sat on the sofa and asked the television in a small voice.

"Mom, what are you doing?"  said Beam when Moira received his call.

"Ah, Beam, your mother-in-law is trying to make me fat," complained Moira.  "She just keeps making delicious food and forcing me to eat it all."

Beam laughed.  His heart felt warm, feeling his mother so close.  He knew that Moira wasn't too sure about her choice to be with Forth, but at least, she still supported her decision.

"Mom, when are you going back to work?"  Beam asked carefully.

Moira didn't answer immediately.  She had spoken at length with Rose and Kingsley about her relationship with Beam so far.

Her two friends don't blame her for what ahe's done so far, but they hope ahe can consider staying for Beam's sake.

She had left Beam with her mother because of a bad divorce with her ex-husband and it turned out to be traumatic for Beam.

Moira loves her son very much and feels guilty because she should have been Beam's supporter through his teenage years after separating from his father, instead of leaving him too.

She was worried that it was too late for her to improve herself, but seeing Beam so happy with Forth and his big family, she suddenly felt longing for the warmth of a family.

"Beam, what if I decide to stay and look for work here?"  Moira asked carefully.  "Do you think it will be troublesome?"

Beam almost screamed when he heard Moira's words.  "Mom, what are you saying? Of course it's not a hassle! I'm so happy that you thought of that possibility."

"Yes, besides, I will definitely end the contract with Elena's parents in the near future. I don't want to work with them anymore. Luckily they will divorce soon and I won't have to deal with them anymore," said Moira lightly.  "I have a little savings and I think it's enough for me to start a business."

"Mom, you don't need to work anymore. You just rest and I will cover all your living expenses, whatever you want to do," said Beam firmly.

Moira laughed.  "You'll make me die of gout if I can't work anymore. Later I'll think about what business I want to do. Looks like I also need to consult with Forth, who knows, he might be able to give me some advice. He still holds the title of best young entrepreneur, right?"

Beam laughed.  He chatted a few other light things before ending the conversation.  His heart was very happy because he could finally stay close to his mother.

"So, your mother wants to open a business here?"  Forth asked enthusiastically, when Beam told him about the conversation with his mother.

Beam nodded.  "Yes. It seems she is also tired of constantly moving around. My mother is not young anymore and she still needs a place to rest and settle down."

"Baby," called Beam after being silent for a moment.

"Hm?"  Beam said as he shifted his focus from the coffee he was making.

"How about we find a new husband for your mother?"  Forth asked cheerfully.

Beam, who was trying the taste of the coffee he made, choked when he heard Forth's words.

Forth quickly approached Beam and patted his back gently while handing him mineral water.

"Phiiii...," whined Beam irritably.  "You're choking me!"

Forth chuckled and hugged Beam from behind by his waist.  He kissed Beam's neck gently.

"I'm sorry, Baby, but I'm serious. I think we need to find a new husband for your mother, so she won't be lonely."

"She won't be lonely, Phi," Beam argued with a frown.  "There's me, your mother. She can also start a business and be busy later."

Forth turned Beam's body around and lifted him so that his lover was sitting on the kitchen counter and he was standing between Beam's legs.

"Baby, I know you will always accompany her, my mother too, even me. But is that enough? There are several other needs that your mother still needs but we can't fulfill. We also won't always be able to be by her side 24 hours a day. A partner  who can do it," said Forth gently. "She needs a partner."

He gently stroked Beam's bangs which had begun to lengthen.

Beam looked at Forth with glazed eyes, then dropped his head onto Forth's shoulder.

"I'm scared, Phi, what if she gets hurt again?"  Beam muttered.  "In the past, when my father hurt her, I couldn't fight and defend her. But now I'm an adult. I might become a murderer if someone hurts her again."

"We will ensure that that doesn't happen," Forth said softly while stroking Beam's back.

Beam pulled himself from Forth's shoulder.  "I'm not sure my mother wants to be in a relationship again. She has been very traumatized by what she experienced with my father."

"Try talking to her slowly," said Forth softly.  "Maybe, if we want to help, we can choose a candidate for her, after we have carried out a strict selection."

Beam knew that what Forth said was true.  Moira is young and she is very beautiful.  She had to have another chance to be happy and Beam didn't want to hinder his mother's chance to be happy if that was how it should be.

After that conversation with Forth, for two days Beam thought about it and began to consider several men his mother's age who might be suitable.

He was assessing professor Gustav Angerton, head of the obstetrics division, a childless widower who had been her mentor, when his phone vibrated and Rose's name flashed across the phone screen.

"Mom? How are you, I'm a--"

"Baby Beam, tell me you're in the hospital now," Rose interrupted with a hint of panic in her voice.

"Yes, yes, of course, I'm in the hospital now. Mom, what's wrong? You scared me," said Beam confused.

"I'm on my way there, honey, wait and please prepare a room. The situation is very serious and I'm very worried," said Rose, this time with sobbed.

Beam's face became very pale.  He had just separated from Forth this morning.  Is it possible...

"Mom, is it... Phi Forth?" asked Beam softly, hold the tears in his eyes. "Or... My Mom?"

Silent. Rose had been hang her called up.

Beam shudder.

***