17. Big Surprise

Beam was stunned, reading a pamphlet behind a glass display on the restaurant wall. 

"Evening to raise funds for the construction of homes for the neglected elderly: Auction of accessories and motorbikes. Main sponsor: Mr. Forth Jaturapoom Jamorhnum." 

"Err... Sir, may I ask, is the event held for the public?"  Beam asked, when a waiter came to his table to bring the food he ordered. 

The waiter turned in the direction Beam was pointing and his face lit up. "Ah, yes, sir. You have to buy a ticket to be able to take part and half of your ticket money will go straight to charity." 

"Oh, what a shame," Beam muttered sadly. 

He thought that the ticket prices for the fundraising night would definitely be very expensive. But then he thought, if possible he would buy that ticket.

"Sir, do you intend to attend that event?" asked the waiter. 

Beam considered it for a moment, then nodded. "I think so. Where can I get the tickets?" Beam asked. 

"It seems all tickets have been sold out since yesterday, sir, because the event is tonight." 

"Ah, I see," said Beam disappointed.  "Even though I need to meet someone who will definitely be at the event." 

The waiter withdrew and Beam stared blankly at the food he ordered.  Actually, he came to Brazil without any plans. 

He just wanted to find and meet Forth.  What would happen after that, Beam didn't think much about it. 

Perhaps, this is the impulsiveness that Phana meant. 

Tonight's event could actually be an easy way to meet Forth, but it looks like he has to find another way because the tickets are sold out. 

Beam eats quickly. He was sleepy and his whole body ached. He needed to sleep a few hours before he started thinking about plans to meet Forth. 

If tonight he were to attend the event held at this hotel, there would definitely be a way to meet him. 

Beam glanced at the pamphlet one more time before leaving the restaurant and sighing.

He had only been a few steps away from the restaurant located inside the hotel when someone chased him. 

"Mister, mister, wait a moment!" 

Beam turned his head and found the waiter who previously served him running closer to him. 

Beam's brows furrowed. Did he forget something? "Yes? You called me?"  Beam asked in surprise. 

"Yes, sir. Look, are you really interested in taking part in that fundraising evening?" asked the waiter. 

"Yes, of course. Do you know where I can get tickets, maybe there are still tickets left somewhere else?" 

"No, there are no more tickets left, sir." 

Beam was disappointed and confused, why was this waiter chasing him and asking. It was like giving him empty hope. 

"However, if there was an opportunity for you to attend the event without needing a ticket, would you do it, sir?" 

The waiter's words made Beam wide-eyed. "How could it be?" 

The waiter smiled broadly. "Our team is short of one more waiter serving wine and snack for guests and time is running out to find a professional waiter. If you can and want to, maybe--"

"Of course I want to," Beam interrupted quickly. "And I can do it. I worked as a cafe waiter when I was a teenager."

"Ah, that's good then," said the waiter with a happy face. "Then, could you come with me to the management room to meet with my boss for a moment?" 

"Of course." 

"Come on. By the way, my name is Enrique." 

"Hi Enrique. My name is Beam."

===

"You look ... unique," said Enrique, looking thoughtfully at Beam. 

Beam's eyebrows rose. "Unique? I've never heard anyone call me that. Is that a compliment or a blasphemy?"  Beam was confused. 

"Of course it's a compliment, Beam," answered Enrique quickly. "I mean, you are unique because you are a man and very handsome, but you also have the beauty of a woman, with your white and smooth skin, and good facial elements." 

Beam laughed amusedly because it seemed like his new friend was having difficulty expressing his thoughts. 

"Thank you, Enrique. And thank you for offering me this job so I can come here," said Beam. "And like I said, I'll hand over my paycheck tonight to you."

"It's nothing, just a coincidence. I was looking for a replacement waiter and you were so desperate to take part in this event," said Enrique quickly.

"Yeah, like I said before too, I need to find someone who will definitely come to this event," Beam said. 

He checked his shirt once more, making sure it wasn't wrinkled or dirty.  Enrique looked at Beam in awe. 

"Your lover?" Enrique asked.  "And you said you were from Thailand? Amazing!" 

"Not yet a lover, actually. I rejected him once, when he confessed his feelings, because I was too afraid to open up about my feelings. Then, there was a point where I couldn't forget him and I thought I should be brave enough to achieve what I want instead of just thinking about it. So,  here I am," answered Beam. 

Enrique's brows furrowed. "Wait. You said ... him? Your lover, oh sorry, your future lover is ... a man?" 

Beam smiled and nodded. "Yes. Why? Are you uncomfortable?" 

"Oh, no, no, that's not a problem for me. Just a little surprised. A man like you must be chased by a lot of women, I didn't expect you to fall in love with a man." 

Beam shrugged. "I always dated women before. However, he is different and this is the first time to fall in love with someone." 

"I wonder what kind of man makes you fly so far from Thailand to chase him."  Enrique studied Beam carefully once again. "I think he must be a guy who is cuter than you. You look like my cousin. He is very handsome and beautiful too. He is the most handsome human in the big Diaz family and his lover, cute and funny like a bunny. So sweet and soft guy." 

Beam chuckled. He didn't know whether Enrique's opinion would change when he found out who the person he was looking for was. Describing Forth as a funny and cute guy doesn't feel right at all. Sweet and soft? Maybe, to Beam.

A host climbed onto a large podium and cleared his throat while tapping the microphone, attracting everyone's attention. 

"It will be start," said Enrique. "Get ready, Beam."

Enrique arranged the drinks in shots on a tray and prepared to pass them around among the guests, while the tray that Beam had to pass around contained small cakes. 

"Is he here yet? Your man?" Enrique whispered. 

Beam shook his head. Since the hall door opened he had been observing the invitees entering and had not seen Forth among them. Beam started to feel anxious. 

"... and here is our guest of honor tonight ... Mr. Forth Jaturapoom Jamorhnoom," said the host loudly. 

Beam's heart beat very hard in his chest and he looked at the entrance. Forth entered, looking very handsome and dashing in an all black suit and ... his hand was holding a very beautiful woman.

"... and his fiancee, Ms. Elliana Gomez," continued the host's voice. 

Beam was stunned.

===