32. Senior Doctor

The days passed very quickly.  Beam is busy with his residency activities and Forth is building a new company in Canberra, so he often goes back and forth there.

Meetings are difficult and communication is limited to exchanging messages or making phone calls.

"Beam!"  Phana scolded, during lunch, in the hospital cafeteria.  "I thought you were still wandering around the wards."

Beam was staring at his phone, as if it was about to transform into a frog.  The food was left in front of him, untouched.

"BEAM!"

This time Phana not only called, but also tapped Beam hard on the shoulder, so that he was distracted from his phone and looked up at Phana while grimacing holding his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"  asked Phana angrily.  "I've called you twice."

Beam pointed at his phone with a gloomy face.  "Phi Forth disappeared," he said.  "He hasn't replied to my messages since last night."

"Maybe he's busy, Beam," said Phana as he started eating.  "I heard he is opening a new company in Australia, right?"

"Yes, indeed, but this is not usual, he didn't reply to my message at all," said Beam wearily.

"Okay, eat first. You still have to accompany Doctor Allan to surgery this afternoon, right," said Phana.

Hearing Phana's words, Beam became even more lethargic.  He never managed to exchange positions with anyone, his fellow residents.  Everyone refused to accompany the doctor and instead looked at Beam with sympathy.

"Pha, do you think the rumors about Doctor Allan are true?"  Beam asked carefully.

Phana shrugged.  "I don't know, Beam. But, I think you'd better be careful."

In the afternoon, Beam prepared to accompany the operation of a patient with chronic kidney disease.

Head nurse Elsa visited Beam in the locker room.  "Doctor Beam, are you ready?"

"Yes, Nurse Elsa. I will immediately go to the operating room," said Beam.

"Doc, if something unpleasant happens in the operating room, hold on," said Nurse Elsa seriously.  "Usually he won't do it continuously, just for fun, to test."

Beam sighed.  He didn't know whether the rumors about Doctor Allan who liked to harass his junior doctors were true, but he had received several warnings from several senior nurses, although they didn't say it openly, only asking Beam to be careful.

Beam enters the operating room and joins the team.  Doctor Allan followed behind him.  He was a man in his mid-thirties, with a tall, athletic build, dark gray hair, and dapper steel-rimmed glasses.

He looked at the team who would help him with the operation, then his eyes fell on Beam.  He was stunned for a moment, then smiled and nodded.

"Let's get started," he said.

Everyone worked diligently, carried out their functions well and the operation which lasted almost forty-five minutes was completed successfully.

"Doctor Beam," called Doctor Allan, when Beam was walking to the locker to change clothes.

Beam turned his head and smiled politely.  "Yes, Doctor Allan?"

Doctor Allan approached Beam and intimately put his arm around Beam's shoulder.  "You showed a really good performance in the operating room earlier."

"Thank you, Doctor Allan," said Beam, bowing slightly so that Doctor Allan's hand on his shoulder was released.

"I will take you into my permanent team, so we can continue to work together and meet," said Doctor Allan with a smirk.