29. Complicated Relationship

"I really didn't expect it to turn out like this," muttered Forth while squeezing Beam's hand.  "How can we be so close, but also so far?"

Beam smiled.  He didn't care at all about the fact that his parents and Forth's parents knew each other well.  He just felt happy because everything was going very well.

His unpleasant life experiences after his parents divorced and his grandmother also died, made Beam close his heart because he was afraid he would be abandoned again.

Now, he has found a new family that accepts him completely, without doubt and without argument--like when his parents divorced, they fought because neither of them wanted to be burdened with taking care of him. Until finally he was handed over to his grandmother.

"Phi," said Beam quietly.  He looked at his hand which was in Forth's grasp.  "Tell me I'm not dreaming."

Forth looked at Beam and brought his head closer, kissing Beam's neck until he was amused.

"You're not dreaming, Baby," whispered Forth in Beam's ear, then he sucked Beam's neck gently.

"Aih, Phi Forth, you're going to make a mark on my neck," said Beam, rubbing his neck where Forth had sucked it.

Forth chuckled.  "Just leave it, so everyone knows that you are mine."

Beam smiled and leaned over, resting his head on Forth's shoulder.

"I won't ask you not to leave me, because I don't know what will happen in the future," Beam said quietly.  "But, if one day you have to leave me for any business, please tell me beforehand, so that I can prepare myself for the loss."

Forth's heart hurt when he heard Beam's words like that.  He took Beam's body into his arms and kissed his head gently, but didn't say anything.

Kingsley Jamornhoom, Forth's father, came home from work just before dinner.

When Rose introduced Beam to him, he stared at Beam for a long time.

"Dad?"  called Forth in a worried tone.

He wasn't sure whether her father would accept or not, the fact that he loved a man.  They had never talked about things like this before.

Beam himself felt nervous because of Kingsley's gaze at him.  It was true that Rose had accepted it well, but Kingsley was the head of the Jamorhnoom family and according to Forth, he and his three older siblings respected their father very much and almost never denied what he said.

"Forth," said Kingsley while still looking at Beam.  He didn't look at Forth at all even though his words were directed at his youngest son.  "You said you love this young man?"

Rose placed her hand on Kingsley's back and made gentle rubbing movements.  That was her habit whenever she felt her husband would be angry.

"Yes, Dad. I fell in love with her at first sight and since then I haven't been able to like anyone else," said Forth firmly.

"Do you love my child too, Beam?"  Kingsley  asked Beam.

Beam turned and looked at Forth, smiling gently at him.

"Yes, Mr. Jamorhnoom, I love Phi Forth," answered Beam gently.

"Why?"  Kingsley asked again, with a raised eyebrow.

This time Beam's eyes shone brightly.  "Because he gave me a home."

"House," said Kingsley, correcting Beam's words.

Beam shook his head quickly.  "Not a house, sir, but a home. This is not about a mere building. I have enough money to buy my own house. My grandmother left me quite a large inheritance, and my mother, although she is never with me, is never absent from filling my account. That's how it is.  Also with my father. But, Phi Forth gave me a home. A feeling of security, where I can live comfortably, be happy, and feel fine."