36. All The Fake

"Sorry, I'm really busy arranging everything, so it's really hard to hold the phone," said Forth, putting his head on Beam's shoulder.  "Everyone was panicked and confused."

Beam was still shaking and he hugged Forth tightly, looking for himself to hold onto.

There wasn't much he could do, when the accident victims, a man and a woman, arrived at the hospital where he was on duty, and found that they were already dead and they were Elliana Gomez and a strange man.  Behind them, Joen, Forth's uncle, was driving frantically.

Not long after, Rose and Kingsley came to the hospital hurriedly, followed by Forth and Keagan.

"What happened, Babe?"  Beam was confused.  "The accident was very serious. I think Elliana and the man died on the spot, because their body temperature was already quite cold when they got here."

Forth kissed Beam's forehead gently and led him to a metal chair in front of the nurse's counter.

He felt tired, after dealing with all the problems related to the accident.  Luckily, his other uncle, Danny, took over and he was able to meet Beam who had been waiting for him after he had finished taking care of the administration regarding reports of accidents and patient deaths.

"Uncle Joen caught Elliana having an affair with her best friend - Eron Gern," said Forth darkly.

"Oh my God, how could that happen? Isn't Elliana pregnant and the baby is Uncle Joen's child?"  Beam asked in surprise.

"It turns out that all this time, Elliana was only taking advantage of Uncle Joen, who really fell in love with her. The child was not Uncle Joen's child, but Eron's child. Elliana lied to Uncle Joen because he apparently faced bankruptcy due to business speculation that was too bold and Eron had just imprisoned for a crime of corruption, not long after he introduced Elliana to Uncle Joen," Forth explained at length.

"So, Uncle Joen and Elliana met because they were introduced by Eron, then because Elliana almost went bankrupt and Eron went to prison, they framed Uncle Joen?"  Beam was confused.

"Yes. When he met Uncle Joen, Eron said that Elliana was his cousin. At that time it turned out that Elliana was already pregnant and because Eron was facing charges in court, they planned to take advantage of Uncle Joen, who apparently liked Elliana," said Forth in an angry tone. 

"Then how did the accident happen?"  Beam asked again.

"Uncle Joen intended to visit Eron who had just been released. There was someone who paid a large bail for Eron so he would be released early. He caught Elliana and Eron going in and out of the hotel together and his hunch made him decide to investigate them. Then, he knew everything,"  Forth said while ruffling his hair angrily.  "He was lied to for months by the woman he loved and his best friend."

"Oh, how sad," Beam muttered.  "Uncle Joen must be devastated."

"He is a good man. Instead of being devastated by betrayal, he feels more guilty because of this accident," said Forth.

"Why?"

"He had just found out about the child that Elliana was carrying and it turned out that the one who freed Eron was Elliana, by selling all the jewelry she had ever given by  him and breaking into his account. He came to Elliana and Eron when they had just come out of the hospital to have their womb checked. They both panicked  and ran away, then when Uncle Joen almost caught up with their car, suddenly their car tire exploded and the car was thrown onto the sidewalk, crashing into the pillar of a building that was being renovated."

"Oh God, it's terrible," Beam sighed as he closed his eyes.  "That's why Eron's condition is so serious. Almost all the bones in his body were crushed. According to the emergency medical officers who carried out the evacuation, their car was hit by one of the collapsed pillars."