24. Strange Girl

"Didn't you say you don't have any siblings?"

Beam sighed.  This is one of the things he dislikes most about a romantic relationship.  Jealousy.

"She's not really my sister, but I consider her like my own little sister. My mother knows her well because we grew up together," Beam answered quietly.

The girl who Beam considers her sister is a girl in mini clothes that are really eye-catching.  She had a curvaceous figure and although her face was quite beautiful, her appearance was a bit too vulgar and seemed to deliberately show off the prominent parts of her body.

"Nong Eva, come here and introduce yourself to Phi Forth," called Beam.

The girl named Eva approached while pouting.  Beam told her to wait while he talked to the stern-looking man who kept glancing at her with strange looks.

"This is Eva, and Nong Eva, this is Phi Forth," said Beam introducing the two.  "He's... my friend."

Forth's brow furrowed.  Why did Beam call him a friend in front of Eva?

Eva reached out her hand coquettishly.  Beam's friend is very handsome and mature.  Eva also saw that when he came, he had a very nice car and she knew it was very expensive.

Likewise, when he took over paying for their food orders, he had a black card with his name written in gold letters on it.

One more thing, he is also sexy.  Tall, tan, and athletic.  Behind the black clothes he wore, Eva could see the hard muscles that made up his nice body.

"Ah, nice to know you, Phi Forth," Eva said cheerfully.

Eva grabbed Beam's arm and pulled him to the table where all their lunch orders had been served.  Forth followed them gloomily.

Beam took out his phone and sent a message.

[I can't say you're my boyfriend to Eva, Phi.  Forgive me.]

Forth glanced at his phone which was on the table and looked at Beam who was sitting across from him with Eva who was sitting close to him, with raised eyebrows.

Beam sent another message.  [Eva is quite close to my mother.  She could complain about me and I don't think I'm ready to tell my mom about us.]

Forth sighed and finally replied to Beam's message.

[Why?  Because of the engagement your mother arranged?]

Beam replied quickly.  [That and because... my mother doesn't really agree with a relationship like ours.  She will go berserk.]

Forth didn't reply again.  He thought that as an older person, he should give in.  Beam is still young and it seems he endured a lot of hardships too with his mother.

"Phi Beam, my mother asked when you would come to my house. She said it was time for us to take our relationship to a more serious stage," Eva said as she took a piece of sushi and put it on Beam's plate.

Forth looked up, surprised to hear Eva's words.  More serious relationship?

"Eva, don't you know that Beam has been matched with another girl?"  Forth asked confused.

Eva dropped her chopsticks in surprise and looked at Beam.

"Phi Beam, is that true?"  asked Eva in a trembling voice.  "Why? Haven't we promised since childhood to get married when we grow up? Why are you with another girl?"

Beam looked at Forth awkwardly.  He saw Forth's eyes burning.

"My mom did it," Beam said.  "But he and I have agreed not to continue the arranged marriage because she also has her own choices."