25. Looking For Eva

"She is a schizophrenic. Since her father committed suicide, after suffering serious bankruptcy, her mother had to become a housemaid to support her," said Beam in a worried tone.

"Jeez," Forth hissed in surprise.  "She must have been very depressed to experience something like that."

"That's why, Phi, I don't dare oppose her. She's already tried to commit suicide twice, and the last time the reason was quite trivial, because her mother forbade her from coming to the pool party at her senior's house," said Beam glumly.

Forth drove at medium speed, while observing the road on his left side, while Beam observed his right side.

They were far from the restaurant area, but still couldn't find Eva anywhere.  Beam was very anxious and restless.

"Phi, how about we just report it to the police?"  Beam asked.  "I'm really worried, Phi."

"We can't just report it, Baby, because this is not a missing person case and it happened less than an hour ago," said Forth calmly.  "But I will order my men to look for her. Do you have a recent photo of Eva?"

Beam sighed.  "Phi, how could I save a photo of a woman on my phone. The only woman I keep a photo of is my mother, and that was a long time ago."

Forth laughed.  Even in a state of panic, he still felt that Beam was very adorable.

"I'm going to ask her mother, Phi, for Eva's latest photo," said Beam.

Beam called  Eva' mother, but her phone was off.  Beam tried two or three times, but still didn't connect.  He looked at Forth desperately.

"How is it, Phi?"

Forth thought for a moment.  "Let's go to her house, while still looking around on the road, who knows we might find her on the way," said Forth after thinking for a moment.

Beam nodded and they continued their journey slowly while looking at the road they were taking.

When they arrived at a house painted pale green, Beam took a deep breath and didn't immediately go down from car.  Forth turned off the car engine and opened the window.

"Why, baby?"  Forth asked softly.  He stroked Beam's nape gently.  "Aren't we going down?"

"This environment reminds me of my unhappy childhood, Phi," Beam said glumly.

He pointed across the green house, to a house that looked abandoned and empty.

"That was my house. It used to be. My mother sold it after getting divorced, because she felt there were too many memories there and she didn't want to continue living in nostalgia. Unfortunately, the house never sold and in the end my mother just left it abandoned," said Beam sadly.

"You must really like that house," said Forth, observing Beam's face as he stared at his childhood home.

"I was born and raised there, although later those beautiful times were ruined by problems with my parents," said Beam with a sigh.  "I thought, if one day I have the money, I will rebuild the house, just as a memory."

Forth smiled and took Beam's hand.  He squeezed his lover's hand.  "Don't be sad, Baby."

Beam shook his head.  "No, Phi, just a little reminiscing about the past. Let's go down now."

Beam came down, followed by Forth and knocked on the door of the green house.

Not long after, a man and a little girl opened the door.  Bram took a step back because he was surprised to see the man.