2: PARTY IN THE KINGDOM

Chapter 9: Whispers in Moonlight

"Sana...!!!" Mina's joyful scream echoed through the halls.

"Minari... I'm here!! Come on, give me a tight hug," Sana's warm invitation reached Mina's ears, and she rushed into Sana's embrace, squeezing a bit too tight.

"Minari... too tight," Sana chuckled, attempting to breathe amidst the exuberant reunion.

"I missed you so much!!!" Mina exclaimed, overwhelmed with happiness.

"Yeah, I can feel that. Well, I came for the birthday party and will be staying here for some time," Sana shared, bringing even more joy to Mina's heart.

Hearing this, Mina's excitement soared. "For how long?!" she eagerly inquired, shaking Sana.

"Haven't decided on that yet... Well, let's get ready for the birthday party," Sana suggested with a bright smile.

"Yes, the party. In 10 minutes, I will be ready," Mina replied, rushing to her closet, filled with anticipation.

"I'll be back; I haven't surprised the birthday girl yet," Sana winked, closing the door behind her as she left.

As Mina fixed her hair, a sudden cold wind entered the room through the open window. She observed the curtains dancing in the air, revealing the bright, milky, perfectly round moon. Quickly, she shut the window, feeling the chill.

"Woo... the weather can be cold. Now let's party, people!!!" Mina declared, ready for the festivities.

Entering the hall, she found a gathering of officials and well-known individuals, all present to celebrate. Spotting Momo and Sana near a table of pastries, Mina joined them. Sana enveloped her in a warm hug, and as they chatted, the king initiated a toast.

"Urham... Ladies and gentlemen, tonight my daughter Myoui Momo is celebrating her 25th anniversary on earth yay!"

"Father...," Momo whispered awkwardly.

"I think the king is drunk," Sana commented a little too loudly.

"Urham, apologies, folks! Yes! Heartfelt greetings from the Myouiri family to all the esteemed and valiant individuals gathered here on this auspicious day. As we're all aware... My daughter, Myoui Momo, is celebrating her 25th birthday!!! When I first held her, she was this small... now she's a grown woman!! But that, without a doubt, will never change the fact that! She's still my little beautiful baby angel!!! So, let's revel in her day!!!" The king's enthusiastic proclamation echoed through the hall, initiating dancing, laughter, and revelry.

However, amid the jubilation, Mina noticed a serious conversation between the king and Momo on the balcony. Intrigued, she observed the nervousness on Momo's face but shrugged it off, attributing it to the weight of the royal responsibilities.

As the night progressed, a sudden dizziness overcame Mina due to the alcohol she had consumed. She navigated her way back to her room, stumbling on the stairs. Once in her room, she climbed onto her bed, and before she could comprehend anything, she fell into a deep sleep.

Upon awakening, Mina found Momo seated at the foot of her bed.

"Unnie... What are you doing here?" Mina mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Mina? Are you okay? You look tired," Momo inquired, concern evident in her voice.

"Eh? I'm fine. My body just feels heavy. And yes, what brings you here to my room again?"

"Well, uh how do I put this..."

Confusion clouded Mina's expression as Momo hesitated before sharing a revelation.

"Unnie, it's me. If there's something that bothers you, you can always tell me," Mina reassured her, offering a warm smile.

"Hmm, it's a marriage propo-"

"Are you kidding me?! Ma-" Mina exclaimed in surprise.

"Sh... keep it low. I don't want our father to know I asked for your opinion about this," Momo gestured for her to whisper.

"My opinion?" Mina questioned, her confusion deepening.

"I need your thoughts about me getting married."

"Well, you have to marry anyways," Mina rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I know but..."

"But what? You fell in love with someone or wha?" Mina scoffed.

"Huh-" Momo was visibly shaken.

"Wait- did you?"

"I mean..."

Momo stood up, heading toward the mirror.

"What? What momoring is in love? When? How? Who?"

"Relax, Minari... I haven't seen that person yet," Momo turned, feeling uncomfortable.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, it may sound strange, but it's the truth," Momo sat next to her.

"So how did you-"

"Well, it happened two years back. I found a pigeon laying in the garden. His leg was injured, and I don't know how. I found a letter in his leg, and it seemed important. I wrote back to the sender about the situation. She replied... then, not even realizing it, both of us caught feelings for each other, and now I don't know what to do," Momo confided, her emotions laid bare.

"Wow that must be some kind of love," She said numbly

"What do you mean?" Momo looked at her with anxious eyes "Mina, I love this person with all my heart and I'm only devoted to this one person. Minari, please save me from this marriage," Momo shed her tears

"Uh... Unnie, What's your mysterious lover's name?"

"um... uh.. Tofu,"

She chuckled at her answer "Tofu??"

"yes it's a funny name so just don't...,"

"fine, who's the one proposing?" Mina furrowed

"Uh... I don't know. It's our father's interest and she's a woman. The king and Queen want to make alliances with their kingdom. The Name is chewy?" Momo said, resting her head on Mina's shoulder.

She laid back, Momo beside her. She stared at the ceiling thinking about what to do.