9: UNSPOKEN BOND

Mina took Felix to the town's fountain, where many things changed for him.

"I'm tired of walking, is there anywhere I can ride a horse or something?" He stopped walking and stretched his back.

"I don't know, wait there is!" She remembered the stud farm where the girl was staying.

"Then let's go!" Felix cheered.
As they reached the front gate of the farm, a man was nailing some boxes. When he noticed them, he briefly panicked and bowed.

"We're here to see the horses. Where are they?" Felix asked.

"Right this way, your highness," the guy said, pointing straight ahead.

"Can I ride them?" Felix asked while Mina looked around to find the girl.
They walked to the stable. Felix chose his horse and was riding around the ranch.

Mina came upon the girl washing her horse in the lake and approached her happily.

"Good morning!" She greeted.

"Good morning, your highness," the girl replied, rubbing the horse.

"Why are you bathing him so early?"

"Because I might be leaving soon,"

Mina sat on a nearby rock and watched as she dipped the brush in the lake and rubbed it roughly on the horse's body, feeling a little sad but shrugging it off.

"You're hurting him!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Do you even know how to wash a horse?"

The girl sighed. "Well, I don't, and you'll have to bear with it!"

"Lord, move please! I'll show you how it's done," Mina said, standing up.

Mina picked up the scrubber and gently brushed the horse, while the girl watched from behind. However, the horse became restless and made a noise while shaking its body. It seemed the strong scent of the princess' perfume was bothering the horse.

Mina, who was terrified, quickly turned around and accidentally tripped over the girl who was standing behind her. The girl lost her balance and grabbed Mina's waist, causing them both to fall into the water. Mina's palm hit a pebble, making her lose support, and as a result, her face went down and her lips met the girl's.

At first, Mina was taken aback, but then she slowly closed her eyes and savored the moment. Suddenly, the girl pushed her aside.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized

"Uh... oh, I am... it's fine. . Accidents happen," Mina said, hiding her amusement.

"Minari, what happened?! Why are you laying there?!" Felix came running.

"Hey, what did you do?! Seize this woman!" He shouted at the girl.

"What? No! Felix, we're fine and she's my friend," Mina said, standing up.

"Friend?"

"Yes, friend.

"Well, what's your friend's name?"

"Um... It's...," Mina struggled.

"Um, Y/N," the girl stuttered, and Felix gave a suspicious look before gesturing for Mina to head back.

Mina waved goodbye as Felix led her away. Y/N simply nodded and watched them go.
Before the rain, they reached the palace. Mina giggled as she jumped onto the bed, hugging a pillow and kicking the blankets.

"Hehehehe!"

"Bahahaha!"

There was a knock at the door.
"Come in, please," she said, and a maid walked in.

"Your highness, the king and guests are waiting for you at dinner.

Mina adjusted herself and went to the dining hall. It was pin-drop silent. Only her footsteps could be heard. She had to sit down and eat through the uncomfortable silence until the king spoke.
"Princess Tzuyu, are you excited about the engagement?" King Jackson smiled at Tzuyu.

"Yes, Father," Tzuyu replied.

A guard abruptly entered the hall and whispered something to the king's ear. The king's expression turned grim, and he stood up to follow the guard. Mina was unfazed by the king's sudden departure, as she had grown accustomed to his unpredictable behavior. However, Princess Tzuyu appeared confused by the king's sudden departure.

After dinner, while walking through the corridors to her room Mina found princess Tzuyu standing on the garden bridge.

"What's she doing out here at this time?" Mina thought. She went to the garden to check on her.

"You shouldn't be standing out here in the cold," Mina said with concern as she approached.

"Thanks for worrying about me but. . I'm okay," Tzuyu replied glancing over.

"Are you alright?" Mina stood next to her.

"Yeah I guess," Tzuyu said looking at the pond and watching the koi fish swimming.

"You know you can talk to me. . If anything is bothering you... Who am I going to tell?" Mina offered.

"Hmm... don't know, it's just... Uh, do you think I'm putting Momo in a worse situation?" Tzuyu asked.

"I mean yes. . To be honest she's in love with someone else," Mina answered truthfully.

"Aahh. . what should I do, I don't have any interest in this either. . but my father. . Tzuyu sighed.

Mina realized this marriage was against Tzuyu's wishes as well.

"Tzuyu, it will be alright. As the story unfolds, I'm sure we'll figure something out," Mina assured her.

Tzuyu's chin started to quiver. Her eyes filled with tears as she broke down and hugged Mina.

"I think we should head back to our rooms," Mina said gently.

"Yes, we should," Tzuyu agreed.