18: BONDS FORGED

Later that evening, Chaeyoung rapped on Mina's door, receiving no reply. With a mix of curiosity and concern, she cautiously opened the door, only to find the room empty. In a swift turn of events, she felt a sharp object against her back.

"Take me back, or I'll stab you," threatened Mina.

Chaeyoung sighed, swiftly seizing Mina's hand and skillfully disarming her of the fork. Pinning her against the door, Chaeyoung quipped, "Pardon me, Your Highness."

Mina, undeterred, continued to protest, smacking Chaeyoung with her free hand.

"Your Highness, your efforts are futile. It's in your best interest to cooperate," Chaeyoung advised.

Calming down, Mina released her grip, and Chaeyoung, displaying unexpected kindness, mentioned, "By the way, I brought you dinner. Please have it, and if you need anything, feel free to ask."

As Chaeyoung prepared to leave, Mina grabbed her hand and expressed a desire to talk to Y/n.

"You can't, I'm afraid. Please have your dinner," Chaeyoung gently refused.

Eyeing the plate of porridge, Mina scoffed, "Who eats porridge for dinner? I don't want it."

"Your Highness, be grateful for what you have," Chaeyoung advised.

Mina, not convinced, was about to retaliate, but Chaeyoung closed the door before the plate could be thrown her way.

General Taecyeon and Nichkun found themselves in the clutches of the guards, arrested without warning.

Perplexed, the King questioned, "How is all of this happening, and why?"

A concerned ministry member inquired, "Your Majesty, do you suspect anyone in particular?"

The King sighed, "No, I have no idea."

With the kingdom hall buzzing with discussion, Tzuyu, ever vigilant, spoke up, "We must track down the ship immediately."

"But how do we do that?" queried a worried participant.

"We should dispatch guards to nearby ports without delay. There's a chance they might stop at any of them," Tzuyu suggested.

"But what if they've already moved on?" someone countered.

"For now, we need to focus on the possibility that they may leave clues if they've already departed," Tzuyu reasoned.

In the opulent court, the soldier presented the merchant, the key witness to the princess's kidnapping.

"Your majesty, he alone glimpsed the girl who spirited away our princess. Behold, a sketch we've fashioned," the soldier announced, unveiling the portrait.

Tzuyu, captivated, whispered, "She's beautiful," drawing an unimpressed gaze from Sana.

"Her name is Chae," the merchant disclosed.

"Why the delay in sharing this information?" Sana demanded sharply.

"Your highness, I was intoxicated by your beauty, and the memory slipped through my fingers," the merchant confessed romantically, prompting a suppressed giggle from Tzuyu and a renewed glare from Sana.

"Dispatch our assassins to fetch her, alive!" declared the king, setting the stage for a pursuit fueled by both duty and desire.