4: THUNDEROUS

The clock struck midnight, and a fierce storm raged outside, accompanied by thunder echoing through the darkness.

Mina found herself trapped in a nightmare. Her brow furrowed, restless, she tossed and turned with each lightning strike, blankets kicked aside, an uneasy anxiety settling in. Tree branches thrashed wildly outside her window.

Frightened, she leaped out of bed, wrapping herself in a blanket from head to toe. Driven by an unknown force, she wandered into the storm-lit hallway. Each flicker of lightning revealed a walking blanket, a figure in the dark. Accidentally, she knocked over a bronze vase, whimpering as she continued.

Minutes later, a feeling of being followed crept upon her. Suspicious, she glimpsed a dark figure, a mere shadow lurking behind a vase. "Probably my mind is playing with me," she dismissed the notion.

Arriving at Momo's bedroom door, she entered cautiously, surveying the scene. Momo peacefully cuddled her pet doggy, blissfully unaware. Smiling, Mina approached. Suddenly, Momo awoke with a start, both sisters screaming in a comical synchrony.

"Who the hell are you?!" Momo demanded, holding onto Mina due to the intense thunder.

"I'm Mina! Your sister, moron!" Mina retorted.

"Why did you cover your head and smile like a buffoon?" Momo questioned, easing the hug.

"I thought you would be scared, so I'm here to check on you," Mina admitted, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, I was deep asleep. Don't worry; I'm fine now. Go back to your room," Momo dismissed, settling back into bed with Boo.

"No! I don't trust you," Mina insisted, hugging her tightly.

"If you are scared, just say that," Momo teased with a poker face.

"No, I'm fearless," they declared, only to scream together at the next thunderclap.

Suddenly, a woman's scream echoed from outside. "Hope Sana is alive," Momo remarked, looking at the ceiling.

"Pray so," Mina joined. Boo stood between them, and they all returned to sleep.

"Mina... Wake up," Momo's voice pierced through her dreams.

"Yaaah... Get out of my room; let me sleep," Mina groaned.

"Your highness, you're in my room," Momo stated, pulling her hand.

Startled, Mina popped her head up, finding Momo on the floor, Boo licking her face. She chuckled at the scene and lazily sat up.

"Momoring?!" Sana entered, holding a box.

"I'm here," Momo raised her arm.

"Mina, you are here!" Sana exclaimed.

"Well, I thought Momo would be scared last night," Mina nonchalantly replied.

"Lie!" Momo got up, holding Boo.

"Haha, that's interesting," Sana giggled.

"What about you? How was last night?" Mina inquired. Sana blinked for a second.

"I swear to God, if I survive this night, I will be your biggest devotee," Sana prayed, only to be interrupted by another thunderclap.

"Trust me, God, if I survive this, I will donate 100 gold coins to the city hall," another thunderclap followed. The room seemed to respond to Sana's prayers.

She turn around to see an old man's photo frame staring right at her.

"What in the Mona Lisa's great grandfather,"

She was easily frightened. She slowly got off from the bed. She took off the photo from the wall and placed the photo frame upside down on the nearby table.

She felt like something knocked over in the hallway "oh my Sweet baby doughnut... What was that?!"

Without knowing she walked towards her door and slowly opened it. She grabbed a book for her defense and went to where the sound came.

She made a low profile hiding in the shadows, as the lightning struck the hallway, a human-sized white something was walking towards Momo's room.

She felt numb and crouched down behind a vase.

The next second, without making any noise she ran to her bedroom, closed the door, Screams and barking was heard from outside. She thought she was losing her mind.

She drank the water kept on the table and sat on the nearby chair. "Uh, it's going to be a long night. Aagh, I just wanna sleep now"

She looked at her window and noticed that it wasn't locked. She walked towards the window to lock and also close the curtain. Suddenly the lightning struck with a strong thunder. She screamed her lungs out and jumped onto the bed covering herself with the blanket.

"Uhaha, I didn't even realize there was a thunderstorm happening last night. I was so asleep,"

As they turned in for the night, the thunderstorm played havoc with Sana's nerves. She muttered her promises, and each thunderclap tested her resolve.

After the stormy night, she joined the others in the morning, holding a box of gold coins. Mina was curious about the contents.

"This box, oh, it's nothing," Sana dismissed, but Momo snatched it away, revealing the gold coins.

"Momoyahh!! Give it back," Sana protested, playfully pushing Momo onto the bed.

"What's that for?" Mina asked with curiosity.

"Well, I've been feeling well, so I thought to donate something to the city hall," Sana shrugged.

"What's the deal with you feeling good and the city hall?" Momo scoffed.

"It's none of your business. Well, Princess Minatozaki Sana is taking her leave now," Sana declared, holding her head high as the girls bowed. Momo followed her to the door, playfully mocking her departure. Mina shook her head, amused by the antics, and settled back into bed, only to get up again.