10: UNEXPECTED CONNECTIONS

Mina went to meet Jihyo, who is Taecyeon's sister and runs the local pot store.

She handed Mina a piece of finely baked bread.
"Mmh... It's so fine!!" She got drowned by the sweetness.

"Thank you, your highness" She winked and continued her pot making. Mina jumped off the counter and went near the window, while enjoying the bread she noticed a familiar face.

"What is she doing here," She asked

"Oh, she came here yesterday asking for a job. Seemed decent so, now she collects the paint," She put the cookies in the oven.

"hmm that's interesting," Mina observed Yn in front of her, taking in every detail of her appearance. She wore black high boots, brown leather pants, and a white shirt. Mina noticed the woman's affectionate gestures towards her horse and the way she blushed while talking to the man beside her.

Mina then placed the bread next to an empty plate and quickly made her way to the backyard. As she approached her destination, she slowed down to get a better view.

"Hey," Mina called out, her voice carrying an air of curiosity. Yn responded with a casual hand sign.

"Oh hey there, princess," Yn replied, her nonchalance not entirely masking the underlying tension. Mina glanced at a guy standing nearby, but Yn swiftly diverted her attention.

"I thought you were leaving too soon," Mina inquired, her directness cutting through the veils of pretense.

"Yeah, now I need money to head back, so I'm just stuck here until I earn it," Yn explained, a hint of vulnerability beneath her tough exterior. The atmosphere remained charged as Mina turned her gaze to the guy named Mark.

"He's Mark, my friend here," Yn introduced, attempting to ease the tension. Mina smiled, and Mark offered a respectful bow, though the awkwardness lingered.

Just then, Jihyo called out to Mark, momentarily breaking the uneasy silence. Yn and Mina started walking, the distance between them feeling both tangible and unspoken.

"I wasn't expecting the royal princess to visit me at my workplace," Yn mentioned casually, but her serious expression betrayed a deeper sentiment. Undeterred, Mina decided to engage in a more straightforward conversation.

"Have you heard about something called a conversation?" Mina asked, hoping to bridge the gap that seemed to widen between them.

"Yes, why?" Yn replied, keeping her gaze forward as they continued their stroll through the dimly lit streets.

"No special reason," Mina said, her words carrying a gentle undertone as they reached a horse-drawn cart.

"Where are you going?" Mina inquired, stepping a little closer, the unspoken tension lingering in the air.

"To the town to get the clay," Yn stated, her eyes fixated on the path ahead.

"May I join?" Mina's request held a subtle vulnerability.

"Well, I can't say no to the princess," Yn replied, a hint of a smile softening her tough exterior.

As they embarked on the journey to the town, the faint glow of twilight cast a gentle ambiance around them, holding the promise of unspoken conversations and the potential for something more.