20: A VOYAGE BEYOND SECRETS

Y/n, deeply engrossed in mapping out their journey, found herself interrupted by Chaeyoung, who arrived bearing a steaming cup of coffee.

"Did Mina have breakfast?" Y/n inquired, her focus on the map.

"She doesn't want it, and why should I waste the supplies!" Chaeyoung, coffee in hand, dismissed the idea.

As Y/n contemplated their imminent arrival at Joon's port, she took a moment to document their experiences in a leather-bound book.

"Hmm, also, she wants to talk to you," Chaeyoung ventured, hoping for a positive response.

"Why?" Y/n questioned, intrigued.

"She seems to be losing her mind, and I think you should talk to her," Chaeyoung suggested, a hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Hmm, watch the ship for some time," Y/n directed, hurriedly leaving the cabin.

"Yay yay, Captain," Chaeyoung playfully responded, pressing her lips together.

Mina, ensconced in her thoughts, heard a gentle knock on the door but remained silent.

"May I come?" Y/n's voice cut through the quiet.

"It's open," Mina responded wearily.

As Y/n entered, she noticed Mina's fatigue. "Why don't you eat your food?" Y/n inquired, her tone edged with concern, but Mina remained silent.

"At least talk about something!"

"I want you to take me back home! Can you do that?" Mina's voice rose in frustration.

"Listen, I need you," Y/n stated.

"Well, you listen first. If you needed me, you didn't have to do any of these," Mina retorted.

"No, I need you to get Sharon back," Y/n revealed.

"What?"

"It's a long story."

"Who's Sharon, and why would you need me?!"

"Sharon is your twin sister... well, was."

"What nonsense are you talking-"

"Believing me is your choice, but to bring Sharon back to life, I need your help. That's why I'm doing all of these."

"Yn! Yn!" Chaeyoung rushed in, interrupting the conversation.

"What?"

"I've spotted a kingdom ship."

Y/n and Chaeyoung hurried to the deck.

"Chaeyoungah! Hide Mina in the chamber; I'll handle this," Y/n, a hint of fear in her eyes, instructed. Y/n directed the ship towards the kingdom vessel.

Chaeyoung went to Mina. "Come with me," she said, grabbing Mina's hand and leading her below deck. Chaeyoung opened a secret chamber, ushering Mina inside before locking them in.

Y/n's ship was blocked by the kingdom vessel, and soldiers requested Y/n to hold. Soldiers then boarded Y/n's ship to conduct a search.

"Where are you going?" a soldier inquired.

"I'm headed to the east," Y/n replied casually.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we need to search your ship," the soldier informed.

"Sure, sir," Y/n said, stepping back to give them space.

Inside the chamber, Mina questioned Chaeyoung's allegiance. "Why are you helping her?"

"Because she's my friend," Chaeyoung replied.

"If your friend wanted to kill herself, would you help her do it?" Mina's anger seeped through, tears glistening in her eyes. Chaeyoung stood silent, feeling a pang of sympathy for Mina.

"Do you know who Sharon is?" Mina asked, her voice trembling.

In that clandestine chamber, Chaeyoung, alert to approaching footsteps, instinctively moved to silence Mina. Her hand gently covered Mina's mouth, creating an unexpected intimacy. The other hand wrapped around Mina's waist, offering a partial hug that brought an unusual comfort to Mina's troubled soul.

As the tension hung in the air, Chaeyoung's keen eyes caught sight of Mina's exhausted, teary gaze. She sensed the softness of Mina's lips on her palm, a delicate touch that resonated with unspoken emotions. Chaeyoung's heart, entwined with an ache, bore witness to the silent struggles reflected in Mina's tears.

The footsteps faded away, leaving behind an uneasy stillness. Sensing the absence of the imminent threat, Mina gently pulled Chaeyoung's hand away, freeing her muted voice. The chamber, once a haven of secrecy, bore witness to a momentary connection, a silent exchange of emotions that lingered in the quiet depths of their shared sanctuary.

"Don't worry; I won't talk until I know the truth," Mina declared with a broken voice. Chaeyoung stepped back, granting her space.

"Everything's clear, Captain," a soldier announced, leaving a victorious smirk on Y/n's face.