Overcoming Fear

<Narrator POV>

Felix cradled the prince in his arms, he could feel his steady heartbeat and soft breaths. The boy beneath him was so broken, he had to help him. Chan finished massaging Hyunjin's leg so hopefully it won't be sore tomorrow. Looking into Felix's eyes, the leader asked if he was alright staying with the older. Felix happily agreed, he and Hyunjin needed to have a talk in the morning anyway and Felix felt it was only right that he should protect the older one while he slept. Chan whispered to them both a goodnight and exited the room. Felix began to lay down, with Hyunjin still wrapped tightly in his arms. He rolled the older off his chest and laid him beside himself. He pulled the duvet over both of them and cuddled up to the older, wrapping his arms around him tightly. Sleep lulled over Felix and he drifted off, tightly clutching onto his prince.

The morning arose quicker than the pair would have liked. Hyunjin awoke first. He could feel the tight grip of another around his waist, whoever it was made him feel safe. He woke up feeling rather emotional and this hug was helping him keep calm. Hyunjin carefully began to roll over to see who was holding him. His eyes were met with a sleeping beauty. Felix's golden skin glowed in the sunlight, his freckles shining like little stars, his beautiful red lips were slightly open as small snores exited his mouth. Hyunjin couldn't help but stare, he didn't know how long had passed since he woke up but the only thing that he could think of was how gorgeous his angel was.

"Morning Jinnie" Felix said, opening his eyes slightly. His deep morning voice echoed through the room and broke off the olders train of thought.

"Morning sleepyhead," Hyunjin replied, smiling at the cute sight next to him.

"Jinnie, I was wondering about something..." Felix started. Noticing the frown on Hyunjin's face, he pressed on quickly. "I wanted to talk about us."

Hyunjin could feel himself grow uncomfortable. What did Felix mean? Negative thoughts began rushing into his brain, maybe he was too much for the younger. Hyunjin could feel his heart break in two. He tried to steady his voice but he could hear it break as he spoke.

"I'm sorry I know I'm too much for you. It's okay Lix, you don't have to look after me." Felix looked confused for a moment before his heart immediately softened. So that's what Hyunjin thought about himself.

"Hyunjin, I don't think you're a burden. I like taking care of you." Hyunjin froze. Was he hearing things correctly?

"You do?" Hyunjin whispered. He felt like saying it any louder would make the dream crumble around him and he'd be back to reality. As if fate would play a cruel twist on him and set him up like this.

"Hyunjin, I wanted to talk about us because I wanted to talk about your feelings." Hyunjin sighed, not this talk again. Felix ignored him and continued, "let me finish, you don't know what I have to say." Taking a deep breath, Felix took Hyunjin's hands into his own and started stroking them. "Hyun, you say that you are fine but you are not. I know you are not. I'm not going to force you to tell me anything, you can keep silent with me and keep everything to yourself. I'm okay with that. I just want to be there for you, even if it's just physically, I want to care for you. If you ever feel overwhelmed or sad or just want someone to be there with you, you can come to me. I won't question you. I'll be there to support you and guide you through it, okay. I love you Hyunjin."

Hyunjin sat there in a shocked silence. Felix's plea pulled at his heartstrings. It was all he ever wanted. He had someone to go to, someone to hold him through the bad times, a shoulder to cry on. He couldn't even express how grateful he was, his emotions overpowered him. Hyunjin pulled Felix into a tight hug and they stayed there in a comfortable silence. Both knew how much this meant to the other and neither wanted to let go. Hyunjin eventually broke the silence, he had a favour to ask the younger.