An Indefinite Hiatus

— 3 months later —

<Hyunjin POV>

Life with the boys was good. Everything was going great, me and Felix couldn't be happier and Stray Kids have found so much success with our new comeback. We have gained so many new STAYS and our family seems closer than ever. I'm on the road to recovery with my eating, although I may relapse now and again, I know that I'm out of hell. I'm starting to enjoy food again, slowly I'm getting my life back. Everything is great. I'm happy to be here.

That was until the rumours started.

"I'm placing you on an indefinite hiatus"

"No please... I didn't do it. You have to believe me!"

"I'm sorry Hyunjin. There's nothing more I can do"

I was kicked out of Stray Kids. I couldn't do anything I loved. My friends, my family, gone in the blink of an eye. What did I do to deserve this?

I stormed out of the JYPE building and started walking home. How could my own company betray me like this? I'm innocent and this is how I'm treated? Why does no one ever believe me? What will the members think? What will my family think? I was angry, but scared too. I knew that these next few months were going to be rough, I wasn't ready for this. I felt sick.

With a shaking hand, I slipped the key into the door unlocking it. I pushed it open and silently slipped my shoes off, heading towards my room as quickly as possible. I could hear hushed whispers coming from the living room, the members were clearly talking about me. I didn't want to hear it. They must think I'm a monster. I could feel the tears build up inside me, a lump forming in the back of my throat. I have to get to my room quickly!

I pushed the door open to my room and locked it quietly behind me. As soon as I reached safety, the tears began to run down my cheeks. Quiet sobs tore from my throat as I tried my best to not make a sound. I felt so numb, so broken, so alone. I jumped on my bed, not bothering to change into my pyjamas and curled into a tight ball. I was sobbing uncontrollably now, hot tears staining my shirt beneath me. I could feel my whole body quivering, I just wanted someone to hold me, someone to tell me it was okay. But it wasn't okay, and they wouldn't be okay for a long time.

*BEEP BEEP* *BEEP BEEP*

Ew. My morning alarm. I hate getting up early. I just can't seem to get my body to function before 10am, I don't understand why idols have to wake up so early. It's not like we perform at 6am?! Then it hit me. I'm not an idol anymore. I'm not in Stray Kids anymore. I'm just Hwang Hyunjin. I'm alone. I let out a small groan before rolling over again and shutting my eyes, at least I could catch up on some sorely missed sleep.

When I awoke for the second time the dorm was eerily quiet. For the first time in years I was alone at the dorm. I didn't know how to feel. For now, I feel numb. I rolled out of bed and stumbled into the kitchen, glancing at the digital clock on the wall. 2:30pm. Ouch. I've missed most of my day, most of my opportunities to do something. But it doesn't matter. What was there for me to do anyway? I'm not in the mood for food, so I just make myself an Iced Americano and head into the living room. The members won't be home until midnight or later so I won't have to deal with any arguments. Thank God. I sit down on our sofa and put on a new K-Drama I've been interested in watching. With my tight schedule I never found the time to get started... but now, I've got all the time in the world. The dorm feels so empty without my family, those 7 boys keep my company more than I know. I miss their presence. I can feel a shudder run down my spine as I curl up on the couch, wrapping blankets around me for comfort. I hate being alone.

Hours pass by in the blink of an eye, my mind endlessly whirring with negative thoughts. I wish I could get involved in the drama like I used to, but I can't. The rumours are eating me inside, tearing me apart from within. And that's how it all started. That's how I started falling. And no one would be there to catch me.